MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Elder Scrolls Online Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I opened a forum yesterday called TESOF, which is an acronym for The Elder Scrolls Online Forum.

The Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO game that is set to release late next year. I decided to create this fan site because there are few, and inactive, sites and forums specifically for TESO. From now until launch, I plan on making this site the go-to unofficial source for TESO information. I'm currently planning on the best route to go for displaying the information - this won't solely be a forum, though whatever I decide to do will hopefully be integrated and seamless with the forums.

I know the rules state only two links are allowed, but the following are Imageshack image links, to better showcase the site to guests. Hopefully this is allowed.
  • What the member panel looks like while logged in:
    Logged in - Header
  • Creating a new topic:
  • Using the Quick Reply form:
    Quick Reply
  • Viewing a topic:
    Showthread
  • The UserCP - modified for simplicity. All settings and options are now located on this one page:
    UserCP
  • Many other small changes. I got tired of the Print Screen button.

Credits:
  • brad-t and his MyBB Humanization Project. Many of what was changed was based off of this.
  • The MyBB Group for providing awesome forum software.
  • TESOF.com members for being supportive. And though we're just a day old, we already have some high quality posts.

Here is the link: http://www.tesof.com/

Feedback and comments are appreciated!
I think it looks GREAT and I am actually an Elder Scrolls Fan.

My suggestion - and if you need some help I will do it - is to swap those editor toolbars out so they are more matching to the theme.

Will you be offering mods for the game?
Thanks for the comment. And yeah, I really do need to change the editor toolbars, they don't match and kind of ruin the new reply template a little. I'll see what I can do.

I don't believe the game will even support mods, since it's going to be an MMO. It's a little tradition-breaking, but that's just how it is.
Domain name is good. You are early on the boat for this game hardly any competition, though also not that much information yet about it either.

For the rest i love the theme and look. Love the edits you made to the user cp and registration following brats example.

Looks amazing 5/5

Now to only hope the game will become good Smile since im not excited for the stuff i heard so far about it from interviews Toungue
Thanks for the reply.

There's not too much info yet, but hopefully at Gamescom they'll be revealing a little more. It won't be ZOS' main showcase, but they did say there would be something. Which is enough for me. It's hard to believe a game that's been in development for the last 5-6 years doesn't have more information out there.
I am amazed there are not more people in this thread going wow. This forum really deserves it's moment of wow. It IS wow.

* Leefish goes and complains to management
(2012-08-02, 03:48 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply.

There's not too much info yet, but hopefully at Gamescom they'll be revealing a little more. It won't be ZOS' main showcase, but they did say there would be something. Which is enough for me. It's hard to believe a game that's been in development for the last 5-6 years doesn't have more information out there.

Oh thats true.. but compare it to Titan, that game has been in development for years to and we still dont even know what it is about. Only that its a new IP and that its a MMO. Some companies can keep secrets others.. *nudge nudge Activision/Ea* cant Toungue

* anori fully agrees with Leefish
Tecca, this is purely epic. I love the theme, the domain, the concept and everything there is to go with it. Great job!
Beautiful theme, but I can't help thinking things are a bit cramped. I'm overjoyed by the amount of people following in others footsteps by challenging MyBB to its limits and making their forums unique, and not being afraid to change things from its default style. You have the perfect amount of sections, no tabs and content before advertising. Hats off to you sir, I'll give you a rep for that I think.

Good luck!
Thanks for the positive comments, everyone. And the rep. =)

I'm currently using Xthreads to make a Videos section that will be linked in the header. Obviously there's still some time before videos are released, and even more time before we can make any of our own... but it never hurts to start early. Here's what I have so far.

Adding a video - This is how it looks when creating a video topic. It looks just like a normal topic, only with a couple of extra options.
Video Topic - This is what the video topic will look like, as well as how comments are displayed. Again, very similar to regular topics, but modified to put emphasis on the video. I decided that only the video poster's avatar should show up. Comments will be pretty much just text.

Ignore the sample video in the screenshot. The videos posted will only be TESO related.

I'm working on how these videos should be displayed after clicking the Video link in the header. I don't want it to look like a regular Forumdisplay, of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8