MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invite Only Threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yes, you're correct. Must have been slipped out of mind. Will do it in the next update.
This NEEDS to have an option to allow all forums/groups.
I hope I can explain my question in a clear way with my poor English...

So. I'm not a coder, I'm just a simple user of the internet and pc's.

I have a nonprofit organisation in Hungary and I'd like to have a small intranet for my office to make our inner communication more efficient. One of my friends installed me the myBB platform and now I'm getting know the admin interface.

There is a plugin I really miss and I don't find the proper one anywhere.

I'd like to have an option that allows for the registered user to give recipients to the post when composing it. This means that if any user would be "invited" in a new post in this way than the system would send him or her an email containing the entire text of the post, and it would be very appriciated if the user could reply directly from the mailbox.

So this way the systems of foruming and emailing would be mixed a bit. It would really efficient because we could make new posts which can be seen by any of our registered user but the tagged/invited users would get an email to his/her private mailbox also if he or she doesn't online on the intranet.

Do you think that I could use your invite system for this function somehow?

Many thanks in advance,

All the best
You meant replying with email? Paul. H made a similar plugin I believe.
No, no, replying through email is just a function desirable but the main thing is that I could add recipients (with registered usernames) when I composing a new post, so the post would be delivered to the recipients private mailbox (any mailbox they set at registering so not the fourm's inner private messagebox). Every user can see the post (if they are browsing the forum) but the recipients had been added get it immediately to their mailbox (gmail etc). Sorry for my english skills... Smile
Sorry, but currently this plugin does not support it. The thing you're mentioning will be much suitable as another mod. You may post your request in the request forum. Smile
When I install this plugin,people from groups that are not allowed to use this plugin can't view any thread at all.

EDIT: It doesn't matter what I do,when I install it, nobody can see any threads unless someone creates a thread with IDs of users that can access them.
There is a forum setting in which the plugin is functional, enter the fids there. And make sure you did not checked is it invite only option or else people get's the error.
I didn't checked anything.Threads that are created before the plugin installation is not accessible and also what I change in settings doesn't matter.
What error you seem to get? Stating that the thread is invite only?

Well that's not possible, because by default, the plugin doesn't set all thread's value as invite only, so it's null. I just tested on localhost and the issue doesn't seem to be happening on my end.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9