MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invite Only Threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2013-02-01, 06:20 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-31, 09:37 PM)demohein Wrote: [ -> ]All member of forums can see thread title but they can't view thread.

How can i do to only invite user can see threads?
Read the instructions on the OP. And make sure you're running the latest version. Are you having any problems in general regarding the plugin?

Yes. It is the latest version and it works fine.

But all user group can see threads from forum. But they can not read thread.

Can you not make that thread is hiden for other users and not hiden for invite user? I think it will be better with that.
(2013-02-01, 06:33 PM)demohein Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not make that thread is hiden for other users and not hiden for invite user? I think it will be better with that.

(2013-01-10, 05:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-10, 05:23 AM)Eleanor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing this; I think it will be useful.

Quote:One small request. If a thread is on Invite only, why not make the thread only visible to those UID's specified ? Because otherwise people will wonder and think bad things why they are not allowed to read this post. Better they don't know that the post exists in the first place, but rather only visible to those specified.

Seconding this. Smile
It will only increase queries in forumdisplay and other work for a thing as little as this, hence I don't plan to incorporate this.
Just have something explaining that some threads are invite only, perhaps use the help docs feature.
@crazy4cs you could add a setting to the plugin to ask wether to do this, and explain that it evolves more querys.
More queries is fine by me. I love the idea of this plugin but unless threads are hidden from uninvited users, I feel like it will cause more drama than it's worth. If the mod creator isn't interested in updating it, would anyone else be able to provide instructions so those of us who want the change can edit the plugin ourselves?
i installed this perfectly and getting this error when i try to create a new thread

/home/a5882408/public_html/inc/languages/english/iot.lang.php does not exist
Is iot.lang.php in the inc/languages/english folder? Sometimes it can be easy to install language files elsewhere by mistake.
yep now nothing showing at all

http://sitefortesting.net16.net/index.php
(2013-03-05, 11:51 PM)DUBLIN5 Wrote: [ -> ]i installed this perfectly and getting this error when i try to create a new thread

As error itself is stating, you haven't uploaded the language file that comes with this plugin. Upload it in proper directory and it should be fine.

(2013-03-06, 01:31 AM)DUBLIN5 Wrote: [ -> ]yep now nothing showing at all

So I assume it is solved now?
(2013-03-06, 05:43 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-05, 11:51 PM)DUBLIN5 Wrote: [ -> ]i installed this perfectly and getting this error when i try to create a new thread

As error itself is stating, you haven't uploaded the language file that comes with this plugin. Upload it in proper directory and it should be fine.

(2013-03-06, 01:31 AM)DUBLIN5 Wrote: [ -> ]yep now nothing showing at all

So I assume it is solved now?

no not solved,i have all in the correct folders
I wonder if you could fix a little something in this Plugin. When I create a new thread, and post the ID's of the users that are supposed to see this, it works as supposed to.

But as soon as I edit the topic only once, all but the first ID that I entered before are gone, which also means that at that point only the one with the remaining 1 ID still has access to the forum. The others that initially were supposed to have access as well, dont have then anymore.

Also, would it be possible to also support group ID's as well, as instead only user ID's ?

Thank you.

Wolfseye
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9