MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invite Only Threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Deactivating was not necessary during upgrade. Smile

You could overwrite/replace it and should have worked.
This plugin seems very cool. Wink Installed it today and will try it out a bit. Wink

Thanks @crazy4cs

UPDATE

Something weird. When I make a post that is supposed to be for a certain person only, I check the option in the Editor, choose the specific UID and post it.

After that the thread is still accessible for everyone in that forum. When I re-open it for edit, I notice that the check-mark I made to enable the Invite option, is unchecked again.

I know I added the check-mark in the initial post. Re-tested by now 10x. So then when I edit the post and put the check-mark back in, it sticks from then on.

Next time only the person in question can read the post. But the first time, the check-mark doesn't stick. Must be a bug or some.

One small request. If a thread is on Invite only, why not make the thread only visible to those UID's specified ? Because otherwise people will wonder and think bad things why they are not allowed to read this post. Better they don't know that the post exists in the first place, but rather only visible to those specified.

Just a suggestion. Wink
(2012-12-03, 10:27 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin seems very cool. Wink Installed it today and will try it out a bit. Wink

Thanks @crazy4cs

UPDATE

When I re-open it for edit, I notice that the check-mark I made to enable the Invite option, is unchecked again.

I know I added the check-mark in the initial post. Re-tested by now 10x. So then when I edit the post and put the check-mark back in, it sticks from then on.

Next time only the person in question can read the post. But the first time, the check-mark doesn't stick. Must be a bug or some.

One small request. If a thread is on Invite only, why not make the thread only visible to those UID's specified ? Because otherwise people will wonder and think bad things why they are not allowed to read this post. Better they don't know that the post exists in the first place, but rather only visible to those specified.

Just a suggestion. Wink
The check works fine for me. Just tested now. Make sure you are using latest version which is 1.3.

Quote:Something weird. When I make a post that is supposed to be for a certain person only, I check the option in the Editor, choose the specific UID and post it.

After that the thread is still accessible for everyone in that forum.
That's probably because you are viewing as admin or moderator. Admins and moderators can access threads regardless if the thread is invite only.
(2012-12-03, 11:39 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]That's probably because you are viewing as admin or moderator. Admins and moderators can access threads regardless if the thread is invite only.

No, i tested with being logged in with specific test accounts of different usergroups that were no Admin or Moderator. So thats not it I am afraid. Wink

And I am using the Version 1.3.
Weird. On localhost, I myself created a test thread just now and tried to edit and the invite option was checked just fine.

Can you try to reupload from a fresh download and perform a re-install and see?
Thanks for sharing this; I think it will be useful.

Quote:One small request. If a thread is on Invite only, why not make the thread only visible to those UID's specified ? Because otherwise people will wonder and think bad things why they are not allowed to read this post. Better they don't know that the post exists in the first place, but rather only visible to those specified.

Seconding this. Smile
(2013-01-10, 05:23 AM)Eleanor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing this; I think it will be useful.

Quote:One small request. If a thread is on Invite only, why not make the thread only visible to those UID's specified ? Because otherwise people will wonder and think bad things why they are not allowed to read this post. Better they don't know that the post exists in the first place, but rather only visible to those specified.

Seconding this. Smile
It will only increase queries in forumdisplay and other work for a thing as little as this, hence I don't plan to incorporate this.
Working on 1.6.9
Thanks!
All member of forums can see thread title but they can't view thread.

How can i do to only invite user can see threads?
(2013-01-31, 09:37 PM)demohein Wrote: [ -> ]All member of forums can see thread title but they can't view thread.

How can i do to only invite user can see threads?
Read the instructions on the OP. And make sure you're running the latest version. Are you having any problems in general regarding the plugin?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9