MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Seems dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
This community seems pretty dead here lately. It may just be me but used to there was a lot of community interaction and such and now all I see is support threads. What's up where did everyone go? Everyone go to xenforo?
hmm, just not much going on as of late. Most of the world seems to take a break for labor day weekend. The only thing that went on that I know of is PAX prime.
A bunch of team members are currently away -- not much going on right now. We're still getting the same amount of members logging on daily.
I've noticed the same thing as you, but I agree with Alex that really nothing has been going on lately except for Gamescom and PAX Prime. But nothing really with MyBB itself except for normal development.
Not a surprise. MyBB 1.8 is well over a year behind the expected release date and there aren't any interesting new projects using MyBB right now. What are we to talk about?
(2013-09-03, 01:57 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Not a surprise. MyBB 1.8 is well over a year behind the expected release date and there aren't any interesting sites using MyBB right now. What are we to talk about?

MyBB 1.8?

/sarcasm
Yeah i feel the same,
Every day i visit, but there are no topics made at least , no plugins were being released , not even free themes or premium themes.
As Brad Pointed out , yeah there are not much interesting projects going on MyBB, and no one know when 1.8 comes out.
One thing is due to rippers who are releasing nulled themes and plugins have their community activity soaring.
This is one reason why the theme developers, were not releasing any themes as they are eventually made available by these sites.
At least now we should consider sweeping such sites, that make illegal business out of MyBB.

And a few suggestions to elevate activity are , to make some social competitions where users could participate just for an example, say " Theme of the Month " or "Plugin of the Month" , thing.
This would encourage many users to make wonderful resources for this wonderful piece of software.
Thank you
(2013-09-03, 01:57 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Not a surprise. MyBB 1.8 is well over a year behind the expected release date and there aren't any interesting new projects using MyBB right now. What are we to talk about?

Hit the nail on the head IMO. There's nothing going on to talk about except a few support posts - many of which are repeating common questions answered weekly.
(2013-09-03, 05:36 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i feel the same,
Every day i visit, but there are no topics made at least , no plugins were being released , not even free themes or premium themes.
As Brad Pointed out , yeah there are not much interesting projects going on MyBB, and no one know when 1.8 comes out.
One thing is due to rippers who are releasing nulled themes and plugins have their community activity soaring.
This is one reason why the theme developers, were not releasing any themes as they are eventually made available by these sites.
At least now we should consider sweeping such sites, that make illegal business out of MyBB.

And a few suggestions to elevate activity are , to make some social competitions where users could participate just for an example, say " Theme of the Month " or "Plugin of the Month" , thing.
This would encourage many users to make wonderful resources for this wonderful piece of software.
Thank you

Developers in particular have lost interest in the project, especially developers that create premium plugins and themes. Look at labrocca at the moment, he's selling a website that was once thriving, his plugin have now been ripped to shreds by the uneducated people of this community (as well as other developers content). The level of brain power that these individuals have is incredibly low.

Developers spend hours upon hours creating themes and plugins for MyBB and in some cases sell it for a small fee. It's very damaging for a developer when a low life user opens up a new forum that is entirely based off of nulled content, some of what they have spent hours creating. Developers need to be protected in some way or another, MyBB in itself is a great forum software but plugin and theme developers are the lifeline of mybb and they are the people that play a major part in the evolution of MyBB.
(2013-09-03, 07:18 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-03, 05:36 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i feel the same,

Thank you

Developers in particular have lost interest in the project, especially developers that create premium plugins and themes. Look at labrocca at the moment, he's selling a website that was once thriving, his plugin have now been ripped to shreds by the uneducated people of this community (as well as other developers content). The level of brain power that these individuals have is incredibly low.

Developers spend hours upon hours creating themes and plugins for MyBB and in some cases sell it for a small fee. It's very damaging for a developer when a low life user opens up a new forum that is entirely based off of nulled content, some of what they have spent hours creating. Developers need to be protected in some way or another, MyBB in itself is a great forum software but plugin and theme developers are the lifeline of mybb and they are the people that play a major part in the evolution of MyBB.

While I certainly agree it is disheartening to developers, it sounds like you are implying this is MyBB's fault. It really isn't MyBB's job to prevent copyright infringement, nor could they if they wanted to. Every forum software has this problem. Developers are the ones that need to sort it out. We really need internationally equivalent laws to protect people. The DMCA is almost useless as most skids just host their site outside the US.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23