MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager (Updated - Version 2.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Edit 2/27/2020: Updated to 2.0. see this post for details!

BAM announcements manager is an alternative plugin allowing you to efficiently manage announcements in your header area without making edits to your templates. This plugin supports custom classes and color styles, and includes four color classes by default that are similar to what is found on the official MyBB support forum.

By default, this plugin allows you to add as many announcements as you'd like. You can alternatively set this plugin to display announcements in "random mode," allowing the plugin to randomly select announcements for SMF-style announcement management. This plugin also supports pinned and global announcements, reordering of announcements, BBcode, and usergroup based permissions.

[Image: 9LZ9s.png]

ACP:
[Image: p34et.png]

Additional previews and more information can be found on the official mod site upload.
very nice plugin indeed Smile

is it possible to enable or disable without deleting announcement ?
is it possible to enable or disable date showing on announcement
(2014-12-02, 01:36 PM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]very nice plugin indeed Smile  

is it possible to enable or disable without deleting  announcement ?
is it possible to enable or disable date showing on announcement

Yes. To disable all announcements without uninstalling the plugin, go to ACP -> Configuration -> Board Announcements Manager and disable the "Enable Board Announcements Manager" setting. You can also disable announcement dates by disabling the "Display Date Posted" setting. Currently, these settings are not able to be applied on a per-announcement basis.
i was asking these settings for per announcement Smile
Lovely! Works like a charm and does remove the bar when it's deleted.
Much better than the OUGC Announcement Bars plugin!
(2014-12-02, 08:28 PM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]i was asking these settings for per announcement Smile

Not at this time. These settings are currently only plugin-wide. Smile

(2014-12-03, 09:43 PM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely! Works like a charm and does remove the bar when it's deleted.

Haha, thanks for the feedback! And yes, the delete announcement functionality works. Toungue
You're welcome. It doesn't always have to be negative feedback, you know Smile
That the delete functionality works, isn't obvious if you take a look at the OUGC plugin.
And your styling is better Toungue
One potential feature for this plugin that would be helpful would be making it accessible via the Mod CP. That way Super Mods and Mods could make announcements as well, without having to have access to the ACP.
(2014-12-11, 10:59 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]One potential feature for this plugin that would be helpful would be making it accessible via the Mod CP. That way Super Mods and Mods could make announcements as well, without having to have access to the ACP.

That's actually a pretty interesting suggestion. If I went that route, I'd end up having to rewrite a good portion of the announcements management code, but it'd be a unique feature. Right now, there aren't even admin permissions that are used (to prevent headaches involved with getting admin permissions set up before using the plugin), so there isn't a good way to handle that yet.
The plugin works really well the way it currently is, but if you plan on developing it anymore, I think adding MCP capability would be great. I'm not sure you'd necessarily have to rewrite what you currently have either, you would just need to add new functions that would work in the MCP. You'd get some duplicate code, which isn't the cleanest, but it's doable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8