MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 has Thread Rating:?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I am sorry, I didn't get you.
In a forum of tales and stories published by user this system is very essential. By "Thread Rating" it is posible to select / filter top rated stories for readers. I need this feature
I'm sure if there's a need the community will create a plugin for thread ratings in 2.0. Rating threads out of 5 doesn't make much sense for most forums.
(2015-10-11, 04:09 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure if there's a need the community will create a plugin for thread ratings in 2.0. Rating threads out of 5 doesn't make much sense for most forums.

true, and it just plain looks ugly on most forums.
what it looks like isnt as relevant as what it does Toungue
Actually this should be core (maybe with a disable setting) in my opinion. 5-star ratings are quite common and accepted (take Amazon as an example). I'd really like to keep that instead of relying on some plugin (or coding it myself).
(2015-10-12, 03:37 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]what it looks like isnt as relevant as what it does Toungue

that's the wrong approach for designing software, IMHO.
(2015-10-12, 08:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 03:37 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]what it looks like isnt as relevant as what it does Toungue

Very much so. It's the sum of design and function.
I don't think this needs to be a core function, but it's only my personal opinion...
(2015-10-12, 08:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

no, locking in design features from coders, means the designer has nowhere to go....

less flexibility means poor design of software
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8