MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 has Thread Rating:?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2015-11-03, 06:53 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]even modern forum softwares aren't using thread ratings any longer.

Because modern forum softwares trying to be more like facebook while facebook gets more and more like a bulletin board Big Grin
(2015-11-03, 08:28 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 06:53 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]even modern forum softwares aren't using thread ratings any longer.

Because modern forum softwares trying to be more like facebook while facebook gets more and more like a bulletin board  Big Grin

So true, facebook is just a shoutbox.....who cares about how many likes you get from spammers.....

Forums should move to be more CMS oriented, since the forums have already set up their post loops and display already set

Because modern forum softwares trying to be more like facebook while facebook gets more and more like a bulletin board  Big Grin

they need to adapt to the market. social media is where a vast majority of discussions happen because it's quick and convenient for most.

(2015-11-03, 12:14 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]

So true, facebook is just a shoutbox.....who cares about how many likes you get from spammers.....

Forums should move to be more CMS oriented, since the forums have already set up their post loops and display already set

I think if mybb releases official plugins - which I believe they somewhat confirmed they're going to do for 2.0 - that are continually developed and extended for more features, it'll help bridge the gap.
(2015-11-04, 07:08 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I think if mybb releases official plugins - which I believe they somewhat confirmed they're going to do for 2.0...

It's certainly part of the plan. SO far we plan to provide the calendar as an official plugin at some point, allowing us greater flexibility with supporting and maintaining it.
(2015-11-03, 06:53 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 01:05 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-13, 05:17 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 11:45 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 11:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]modern designs.
What is that?

most websites today.

LOL. Your knowledge about the "modern design" really really amaze me!

modern website

Yay! New learning for me! Now, what's that?
(2015-11-04, 11:32 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 07:08 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I think if mybb releases official plugins - which I believe they somewhat confirmed they're going to do for 2.0...

It's certainly part of the plan. SO far we plan to provide the calendar as an official plugin at some point, allowing us greater flexibility with supporting and maintaining it.

sounds good...the calendar could definitely be useful if it had more functionality. right now, it's incredibly limited and therefore passed up by a lot of admins, myself included.

(2015-11-04, 02:56 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 06:53 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 01:05 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-13, 05:17 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 11:45 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]What is that?

most websites today.

LOL. Your knowledge about the "modern design" really really amaze me!

modern website

Yay! New learning for me! Now, what's that?

I don't have time to search for modernly designed sites that do not use rating stars for you, but google certainly does!

it's telling that over 2X more people voted that they didn't use thread ratings now and/or they don't think it should be added in the core. thread ratings are incredibly archaic and can be used before someone even opens a thread. the like system is much more modern and used by 1 of the largest websites in the world.
what is the largest website in the world?

Likes on facebook is a bullying tactics by the morons, to show superiority
Quote:Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

a five star rating at least has a sense of anonymity....

Talking about largest sites:

IMDB.com
Rottentomatoes.com
(2015-11-05, 06:54 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]what is the largest website in the world?

Likes on facebook is a bullying tactics by the morons, to show superiority
Quote:Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

a five star rating at least has a sense of anonymity....

Talking about largest sites:

IMDB.com
Rottentomatoes.com

one of the top 5 in the world - facebook. if people like something, they can 'like' it.

imdb and rotten tomatoes are ratings sites. we've already discussed this a few pages back. apples and oranges compared to a forum.
facebook is an overglorified shoutbox made for the noobs on mobile, it works by being minimalist

And really mybb should use bootstrap classes to hide the ratings if you dont want them, but really it should be core
(2015-11-05, 06:25 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have time to search for modernly designed sites

Search? Why you need to search it first? LOL You even don't know what you're talking about.

(2015-11-05, 06:25 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]but google certainly does!

LOL (again). Google never replied and stated about the "modern design" and "modern website" here. You're the one who stated it, right?

(2015-11-05, 06:25 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]it's telling that over 2X more people voted that they didn't use thread ratings now and/or they don't think it should be added in the core.

I don't even bother to look at the poll. A bit sad for knowing only less than 50 people using MyBB Sad
Maybe if I have some free time later, I'll create some accounts and vote it (vote to drop the feature), so everyone can say it proudly not only 2X, but maybe 10X. It'll make the poll more legitimate.

(2015-11-05, 06:25 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]can be used before someone even opens a thread.

Are you talking about the current system? What is the title of the forum where this thread posted? Maybe ask staff to move this thread to MyBB 1.8 forum instead of leaving it in MyBB 2.0 forum?

(2015-11-05, 06:25 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]the like system is much more modern and used by 1 of the largest websites in the world.

I'll answer your statement above with your own statement:
(2015-11-05, 08:15 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]apples and oranges compared to a forum.

BTW, thanks for the very nice Q & A:
Q: What is modern designs?
A: Most websites today
Q: What is modern website?
A: I don't have time to search for modernly designed sites
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8