MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.7 Released - Security & Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
It depends on if you have used another table prefix? Look in your database to see which tables are(n't) affected!

Next time, post your problems in the general support forum please.
smr Wrote:Anyone here happen to use MkPortal with MyBB ?
I ask because I want to know if I need to backup the MK DB as well with the forum DB
I am backing up through the MyBB ForumCP

I have never done a full update, just the text patches from 1.2.3. and to now.So I figure I might as well just do it all the way in case a huge change comes soon that the patches wont be enough.

yes i have update my forums from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7, and i am using mkportal
you don't have to backup the mk db, but i already do that weekly

you'll have two problems
1. this the sol. of the first one
http://mkportal.vnchannel.net/support/sh...php?tid=98
2. you'll have to re-edit the functions.php to make the forum inside the portal and as the mkportal installation's readme
i have the same problem.. just erased ./ from forum/global.php but your solution seems quite better.. thanx a lot
SOMEONE HELP ME

its olive up and its the only time my backup never worked Sad

i have a copy of the forum on my files which i took a couple of weeks ago but my backup was maybe a few weeks ago
i cant lose this forum - i have worked so hard on it

i stupidly typed in /install and missed out the upgrade.php bit. i went through maybe 4 of the options until i realized i was on the wrong one (i clocked it when it asked me server/database names)

i tried the upgrade.php bit and its came up with this...

Quote:Warning: main(/home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

everything is correctly installed but i think i have majorly messed up - anyway of salvaging what is left?
Make sure that all files are uploaded.

And please don't use this as a support thread, create your ownn thread in the general support forum.
metalcherry Wrote:SOMEONE HELP ME

its olive up and its the only time my backup never worked Sad

i have a copy of the forum on my files which i took a couple of weeks ago but my backup was maybe a few weeks ago
i cant lose this forum - i have worked so hard on it

i stupidly typed in /install and missed out the upgrade.php bit. i went through maybe 4 of the options until i realized i was on the wrong one (i clocked it when it asked me server/database names)

i tried the upgrade.php bit and its came up with this...

Quote:Warning: main(/home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

everything is correctly installed but i think i have majorly messed up - anyway of salvaging what is left?

reupload your inc/config.php from your backup and run the upgrade. It should work than
thanks huni your a star - fingers crossed

**edit*
it worked - thank you thank you thank you *hugs*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11