MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.7 Released - Security & Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
i've did that and upload all the files but i've got this error message
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mktrep97/public_html/forums/global.php on line 13

and i tried to re upload these files again but no change
Do you have all the MyBB 1.2.7 files on your server, or just the changed files?
destroyer Wrote:Do you have all the MyBB 1.2.7 files on your server, or just the changed files?

no just the changed files
th weired thing that i can access the admin cp , and i can see the forums from there (View Your Forums)
but when i access the forums from the (outside) this error code appears
Well, upload all the other files too then.
the forums work fine thank you
the problem is in my mkportal
i dont know whats wrong
it was working fine with 1.2.6 ?!?!

any ideas ???
mktrep97 Wrote:the forums work fine thank you
the problem is in my mkportal
i dont know whats wrong
it was working fine with 1.2.6 ?!?!

any ideas ???

I think you already know the answer (saw your name on the MKPortal support forums). But for the benefit of those using the MKPortal + MyBB combination, here's the answer, straight from the Vietnamese support site vnchannel:

vnchannel Wrote:Open [forum folder]/global.php:

FIND:
require_once "./inc/init.php";

REPLACE WITH:
require_once dirname(__FILE__)."/inc/init.php";

Tested it offline on my computer, works fine. Should work fine when online too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember now. This edit is what you should always be doing when installing a MKPortal + MyBB site anyway, at least from version 1.2.3. Global.php just got overwritten by the new files, so that may be the reason why your updated board suddenly stopped working.
The only issue I had was that all my shouts in the shoutbox got deleted, but that is no biggy.
On the upgrading page on MyBB wiki, what are the folders to CHMOD to 777?

Quote:# CHMOD the above two files to 666 (or 777, whatever suits your server), and also CHMOD the folders listed below to 777:<=== ???
# Go to www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading
Asad, they're the same folders you usually chmod to 0777 while installing MyBB. You probably don't need to chmod them to 0777 if you did that earlier.
skywalker2208 Wrote:The only issue I had was that all my shouts in the shoutbox got deleted, but that is no biggy.

Probably since you've re-activated it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11