MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.7 Released - Security & Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Tikitiki Wrote:
Orphadox Wrote:
Orphadox Wrote:so if im right i need to download the whole package, upload the files and run update.php?

Sorry for bumping my own post.. but im abit confused in what needed to do.
do i follow just the notepad file or do i download the new 1.2.7 package from the site and upload it then run update.php?

Perhaps you are confused. I suggest you re-read the announcement again carefully as everything is explained in the announcement. http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=19241

Ah i understand now lmao.. sorry for acting like a noob Toungue
My board is now updated :]
Ok, I know that it highly recommends to upgrade; but I am curious as to what most people are doing. Are most people actually ugrading or applying the patch? I generally apply the patch because it is easier than upgrading?

Why should applying the patch be considered a temporary solution? Is it still vulnerable compared to the upgrade?
rlc65la Wrote:Ok, I know that it highly recommends to upgrade; but I am curious as to what most people are doing. Are most people actually ugrading or applying the patch? I generally apply the patch because it is easier than upgrading?

Why should applying the patch be considered a temporary solution? Is it still venerable compared to the upgrade?

The patch is just a security fix. If you want the added speed and bug fixes than read the second post in the announcement.

Please note that, if you are experiencing a bug caused in a earlier version we will tell you to upgrade first, so it's best to do it sooner versus later.
Heh, first time I had to use the upgrade.php file. ^_^

Thanks guys. Smile
this is the fist time i use upgrade.php Big Grin
the upgrade works fine thanks

but in my admin cp the ver. still 1.2.6
and when i make the ver. check it said to me There is a newer version available. 1.2.7 ???

should i change it manually ?
or there are something went wrong ?

thanks
mktrep97 Wrote:this is the fist time i use upgrade.php Big Grin

and when i make the ver. check it said to me There is a newer version available. 1.2.7 ???

thanks

You've uploaded all the files that were included in that zipfile ?
mktrep97 Wrote:but in my admin cp the ver. still 1.2.6
Try this:
Admin CP --> Maintenance --> Cache Manager - *Click 'Rebuild Cache' on 'version'*
Are you sure you uploaded all of the new files to /inc/ ?

Because class_core.php is responsible for showing what version your MyBB is. Wink
LeX- Wrote:
mktrep97 Wrote:this is the fist time i use upgrade.php Big Grin

thanks

You've uploaded all the files that were included in that zipfile ?

ops i forget to do that Shy should i re-do that upgrade.php after uploading the files ?
thanks
No, if you've done it one time it's good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11