MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YourCode 2.1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Please fix this error @Wildcard.
Thank you.
I have not even looked at my plugins in months. I cannot justify the time when there is little to no interest in even the new plugins that I have created.

You should probably look for another solution or hire a dev to fix/recreate the functionality you need for you forum.
Dear Wildcard, everyone has interest in your plugin. Your plugin is powerful.
If you can update please do it.
Thank you.
Please wildcard look here also whenever you get time.
Thank you.
Dr_The_One,

My plugins are all licensed in such a way that any developer may fork them and continue my work. There is no issue if you have another developer fix whatever issues that you have with it. They may also rename the project and upload it under their own name, so as to get the credit. This was the plan with all of my work on here.

I no longer have the time or desire to work on MyBB plugins. The comments on the other thread were made because I am curious as to why those issues are affecting users. I will try to look at them someday, but purely as a curiosity.

I was asked (begged even) by multiple users for a responsive update to ASB. I created that update over months of work and testing and not one single user ever even bothered to test. No feedback; nothing.

How can I justify this use of my time? I cannot.

You already have my answer.
I am absolutely agree with you. No appreciation of work create frustration and lost of interest in development.
(2020-07-22, 03:36 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]I am absolutely agree with you. No appreciation of work create frustration and lost of interest in development.

Thank you for understanding. Also, thanks for using my plugins. I wish things were different, but it is so much easier for me to just maintain edits to my forum than work on plugins that not many appreciate and almost no one helps with.

Good luck. 👍
(2020-07-22, 12:50 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I was asked (begged even) by multiple users for a responsive update to ASB. I created that update over months of work and testing and not one single user ever even bothered to test. No feedback; nothing.

I understand your demotivation. But it is not true that you had no feedback on the responsive version of your plugin. I'm using it on my forum and I've even reported a bug to you. But if you don't feel right keeping your MyBB plugins there is really no point in continuing. We have to do what is good for us. In fact, MyBB seems to be slowly dying, many good developers are losing interest in forum software that seems to have stopped in time. Anyway, thanks for the sincerity of your comments, it is important for me to know that your plugins will no longer be updated. Thank you very much for having maintained excellent plugins for MyBB for so long.

Greetings.
(2020-07-22, 06:43 PM)EHRA Wrote: [ -> ][...]
it is not true that you had no feedback on the responsive version of your plugin. I'm using it on my forum and I've even reported a bug to you.
[...]

Yes, but that bug had nothing at all to do with the update. The responsive design was a ton of work and it crushed my desire to continue when it was met with veritable silence.

I also use the updated version on my own forum. It does work as expected, but as I have mentioned, I hacked 3.x to be responsive in my theme years ago (as anyone else could have also done with the Manage Scripts page.)

(2020-07-22, 06:43 PM)EHRA Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for having maintained excellent plugins for MyBB for so long.

You're welcome.

My hope is that someone else will use the framework that I have built to carry on the projects. As I've mentioned, not only have I made it legal to do, I would support their work and even try to serve as an advisor when I had the time.
(2020-07-22, 12:50 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Dr_The_One,

My plugins are all licensed in such a way that any developer may fork them and continue my work. There is no issue if you have another developer fix whatever issues that you have with it. They may also rename the project and upload it under their own name, so as to get the credit. This was the plan with all of my work on here.

I no longer have the time or desire to work on MyBB plugins. The comments on the other thread were made because I am curious as to why those issues are affecting users. I will try to look at them someday, but purely as a curiosity.

I was asked (begged even) by multiple users for a responsive update to ASB. I created that update over months of work and testing and not one single user ever even bothered to test. No feedback; nothing.

You already have my answer.

that's sad to hear since i use about 3-4 plugins that you have published

one reason that it might not have gotten too much feedback might be b/c it was beta so most user won't know about it but yea it definitely sucks even more when the people who requested don't give any feedback
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11