MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Logout! Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quote:Does 1.2.9 address any of the Logout issues as many of us have had in 1.2.8?

Thanks,
As has been stated in many many messages to you from myself, we cannot provide assistance for third party modifications. It is not our responsibility to keep some Coppermine modification up to date which we don't even know about. It is not our responsibility to test compatibility between a connection made from another application to MyBB. If it were MyBB connecting to an application using something we'd developed, we would provide testing/compatibility.

I went out of my way to provide you with a solution, you never replied back to me.

Quote:This is really annoying. Clearly and contrary to what the Admins say, this isn't relegated to a few people not properly prepping their Templates, et al. Personally, I think 1.2.8 is/was a lemon. Proper Beta testing should have not only caught the nine pages of issues as raised in this one Thread, but the Security vulnerability as well.
Actually, all issues are. Every single instance I've personally looked at are due to people having modified templates or not running the upgrade script. I guarantee you 100% this is not our problem. We provide instructions for people to upgrade their forums due to our template modifications. We can't beta test the (excuse the use of the word) stupidity of users for not following instructions (not in your case, however).

The security vulnerability in no way relates to any changes made in MyBB 1.2.8. It has been in MyBB for such time and was only discovered 30 minutes before 1.2.9 was released.

MyBB has many, many lines of code. Code which was developed as far back as 2002. Security vulnerabilities in such a large application are always going to be there. Any code recently developed over the past year however is of a much higher standard. We're working through MyBB to ensure that across the board however, we cannot be held responsible for things such as this - we're only human.

I'm asking you, please stop spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) about MyBB 1.2.8/1.2.9 when the problem lays on your side, not on ours.
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Does 1.2.9 address any of the Logout issues as many of us have had in 1.2.8?

Thanks,
As has been stated in many many messages to you from myself, we cannot provide assistance for third party modifications. It is not our responsibility to keep some Coppermine modification up to date which we don't even know about. It is not our responsibility to test compatibility between a connection made from another application to MyBB. If it were MyBB connecting to an application using something we'd developed, we would provide testing/compatibility.

I went out of my way to provide you with a solution, you never replied back to me.

Quote:This is really annoying. Clearly and contrary to what the Admins say, this isn't relegated to a few people not properly prepping their Templates, et al. Personally, I think 1.2.8 is/was a lemon. Proper Beta testing should have not only caught the nine pages of issues as raised in this one Thread, but the Security vulnerability as well.
Actually, all issues are. Every single instance I've personally looked at are due to people having modified templates or not running the upgrade script. I guarantee you 100% this is not our problem. We provide instructions for people to upgrade their forums due to our template modifications. We can't beta test the (excuse the use of the word) stupidity of users for not following instructions (not in your case, however).

The security vulnerability in no way relates to any changes made in MyBB 1.2.8. It has been in MyBB for such time and was only discovered 30 minutes before 1.2.9 was released.

MyBB has many, many lines of code. Code which was developed as far back as 2002. Security vulnerabilities in such a large application are always going to be there. Any code recently developed over the past year however is of a much higher standard. We're working through MyBB to ensure that across the board however, we cannot be held responsible for things such as this - we're only human.

I'm asking you, please stop spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) about MyBB 1.2.8/1.2.9 when the problem lays on your side, not on ours.
>I'm asking you, please stop spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) about MyBB 1.2.8/1.2.9 when the problem lays on your side, not on ours.

"FUD" from asking questions? Chris, I won't be asking any further questions.

Thanks to all who have lent assistance.

Lyman
lgldsr, I assure you that if you move, you will only have to deal with different problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10