MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Logout! Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
YAY!!! Thanks Vintagedaddyo! That worked a treat! Big Grin
vintagedaddyo Wrote:This worked for me on older themes to work in 1.2.8 and avoid the unable to logout error.

The logout code should be:

In header_welcomeblock_member:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />

In index_logoutlink:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> | 

In changeuserbox:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->change_user}</a>

The only themes I have in use are those that came with 1.26, and no custom ones. Would what you propose work?

Thanks,

Lyman
lgldsr Wrote:The only themes I have in use are those that came with 1.26, and no custom ones. Would what you propose work?

Thanks,

Lyman

That's the code that got updated in 1.2.8 - that's necessary for the update. If that code isn't in your theme it won't work.
same error here after upgrade.
do we have a simple fix?
DjPete Wrote:same error here after upgrade.
do we have a simple fix?

Did you read the other posts in this thread including this one?
yes Dennis.
the only changed files I see are...

forumbit_depth2_forum
forumdisplay_thread
headerinclude
header_welcomeblock_guest
member_profile
portal
postbit
showthread

i did the upgrade and replaced all files bar:
./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
./install/ (directory)
as per upgrade instructions...

coppermine is NOT bridged into my MyBB.
Unfortunately none of the proposed solutions worked in my case, but this may be tied to Coppermine being bridged into MyBB. Unsure at this point.

Lyman

DjPete Wrote:yes.
the only changed files I see are...

forumbit_depth2_forum
forumdisplay_thread
headerinclude
header_welcomeblock_guest
member_profile
portal
postbit
showthread
DjPete Wrote:same error here after upgrade.
do we have a simple fix?

DjPete...,

Even after the update if you are using themes from before 1.2.8 you need to do this to each theme:

The logout code should be:

In header_welcomeblock_member:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />

In index_logoutlink:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> | 

In changeuserbox:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->change_user}</a>
changed the first 2 for default themes...still same.
i think i will revert back to 127
where can I find 127 version pls?
I doubt reverting back to 1.2.7 will do anything. Have you cleared your cookies and temporary internet files, or have you tried using a different browser as a temporary solution for now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10