MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Logout! Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi,

I don't know how this happened; but as of today I'm getting these java (error) messages too. It does not always appear that I'm not able to logout, but whenever it does I have to click the logout link for a second time. After that I've been logged out ... weird.

Edit: I was trying to narrow it down:

- Maybe it had something to do with the java chat I was using at that time.
- Or maybe it had something to do with the two accounts I own at my forums. I just logged out from one, and then logged in with the other.
There's absolutely no reason why people are having this much trouble. We simply added &sid={$session->sid} and then added an if($mybb->input['sid'] == $session->sid) - We've changed nothing else, so there's no possibly way there's other problems than people simply not updating their files / templates.
Tikitiki Wrote:There's absolutely no reason why people are having this much trouble. We simply added &sid={$session->sid} and then added an if($mybb->input['sid'] == $session->sid) - We've changed nothing else, so there's no possibly way there's other problems than people simply not updating their files / templates.
I was told that my issues were related to Coppermine (bridged), and not the MyBB upgrade. However, prior to upgrading from 1.2.7 all was well...worked flawlessly. Then all hell broke loose.

The only templates I have are those that are standard with MyBB.

Lyman
If the problem you have is logging out from coppermine, it's probably because it hasn't been updated to use the new sid on the logout link.
MrDoom Wrote:If the problem you have is logging out from coppermine, it's probably because it hasn't been updated to use the new sid on the logout link.

I should have expanded on that. I was receiving that error when attempting to log out of MyBB.

Thanks -

Lyman
What's the link to your forum?
DennisTT Wrote:What's the link to your forum?

Thanks Dennis. Unfortunately I did the upgrade the same day the Site was to go live. Having been in IT for >24 years I should have known better. There were such issues between the upgrade to 1.2.8 and Coppermine that I wasn't going to spend incredulous amounts of time trying to correct it, so I blew the Site away. Months of work down the drain.

I just saw this:

MyBB 1.2.9 is a security update to the MyBB 1.2 series. It fixes a HIGH risk vulnerability just internally discovered in MyBB. We recommend everybody upgrades to this release as soon as possible or patches their boards with the manual patching instructions below.

This is really annoying. Clearly and contrary to what the Admins say, this isn't relegated to a few people not properly prepping their Templates, et al. Personally, I think 1.2.8 is/was a lemon. Proper Beta testing should have not only caught the nine pages of issues as raised in this one Thread, but the Security vulnerability as well.

At this point I'm pretty much going to bail on MyBB; my confidence in it is shot. Versions up to and including 1.2.7 worked fine for me and it's integration was virtually seamless with Coppermine. That upgrade...caused a substantial amount of heartburn. A serious understatement.

Best,

Lyman
There isn't a software which is 100% bug free, MyBB isn't that too. However, the "logout" problems mentioned here are in no way bugs.

The vulnerability which is patched in 1.2.9 is just discovered because someone tried to hack these forum ... probably, beta testing wouldn't have find this issue.
destroyer Wrote:There isn't a software which is 100% bug free, MyBB isn't that too. However, the "logout" problems mentioned here are in no way bugs.

The vulnerability which is patched in 1.2.9 is just discovered because someone tried to hack these forum ... probably, beta testing wouldn't have find this issue.

Does 1.2.9 address any of the Logout issues as many of us have had in 1.2.8?

Thanks,

Lyman
No it doesn't. It just fixes the vulnerability that was recently discovered, nothing more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10