MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Logout! Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
lgldsr, I don't think you ran the upgrade script? The templates update after you run the upgrade script. By it showing that there are no templates to be updated tells me that you didn't run the update script? Just pondering right now.

@Edd Simpson read the thread
HI Tikitiki

the only reason I posted was because I read the thread . I follow all instructions to upgrade and I have not changed any of the templates. What I didi was make a file called logo.giff and replace the original logo file. Therefore not changing the template. OR am I being a noob.

I have checked the and it says nothing needs updating or has been updated.

I will do a full install since my board is new (only 2 days old)
Edd Simpson Wrote:HI Tikitiki

the only reason I posted was because I read the thread . I follow all instructions to upgrade and I have not changed any of the templates. What I didi was make a file called logo.giff and replace the original logo file. Therefore not changing the template. OR am I being a noob.

I have checked the and it says nothing needs updating or has been updated.

I will do a full install since my board is new (only 2 days old)

Just clear your cookies. It should work then
I can't logout i have made no changes to them templates and i clear my cookies so what's next? Also it says im still running 1.2.7 and yes i did run the upgrade.php no errors except when i go to do a verison check in the acp i get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetch_remote_file() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/mysiteurl/forums/admin/index.php on line 221
Ranger Wrote:I can't logout i have made no changes to them templates and i clear my cookies so what's next? Also it says im still running 1.2.7 and yes i did run the upgrade.php no errors except when i go to do a verison check in the acp i get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetch_remote_file() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/mysiteurl/forums/admin/index.php on line 221

You have not uploaded all of the new files. Ensure that every new file from the changed files package has been uploaded to your forum.

The reason you can't logout, if you're receiving an error about your user ID being unable to be verified is one of two things:
  • You did not run the upgrade script and follow it through.
  • You have custom templates requiring a revert. Please see my first reply to this thread
i fix the verison check error. but i still can't log out. I've triple check them files their is no revert button to revert back too.
So you uploaded the new install folder and ran upgrade.php?

Put your mouse over the logout link. Does it contain something like member.php?action=logout&uid=X&sid=Y (X and Y will be different)?
Fix. not sure how... thanks for help...
Tikitiki Wrote:lgldsr, I don't think you ran the upgrade script? The templates update after you run the upgrade script. By it showing that there are no templates to be updated tells me that you didn't run the update script? Just pondering right now.

@Edd Simpson read the thread

Thanks! It's set now - I was trying to run the u/g via FTP...don't know what I was thinking.

However, the Forum is bridged with Coppermine and the Group Perms for Coppermine pretty much got hosed, as did the individual permissions for each and every Album. Argh.

Thanks again,

Lyman
I admit I am a noob and Yeah Everyone has to start somewhere.. so yeah I can't log out as well.. I went to templates and hit "find updated" and these are what popped up:
forumbit_depth2_forum
header_welcomeblock_member
index_whosonline
member_profile
portal
postbit
showthread
showthread_quickreply
usercp_nav_profile
I have the default template as well. Well when I "reverted" the things in the default template, they dissapeared..So i'm afraid to revert these in my actual theme, for I don't want to screw things up.
What exactly does Revert mean? Delete?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10