MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2017-08-17, 07:22 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]I really wish updates happened a bit more often so we get more frequent bug fixes.

The key isn't more frequent updates but more bug fixes. Feel free to send a few pull requests.
Would be really great to merge/reject/comment out all the PRs which are available on MyBB's GitHub - it would be really nice, it could avoid merge conflicts in future. and speed up the development.
Staff have to test PRs before we merge them, we can't just merge stuff straight away without testing.
(2017-08-19, 09:18 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Staff have to test PRs before we merge them, we can't just merge stuff straight away without testing.

If you know how to read PHP you'll know if it causes a problem or not just by checking it for errors and such, no need to run it xD
(2017-08-24, 07:32 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-19, 09:18 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Staff have to test PRs before we merge them, we can't just merge stuff straight away without testing.

If you know how to read PHP you'll know if it causes a problem or not just by checking it for errors and such, no need to run it xD

Sure, syntax errors are usually easy to notice. Logic errors can be far more subtle however especially when things are spread across several places and not structured particularly obviously.
(2017-08-24, 09:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-24, 07:32 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-19, 09:18 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Staff have to test PRs before we merge them, we can't just merge stuff straight away without testing.

Sure, syntax errors are usually easy to notice. Logic errors can be far more subtle however especially when things are spread across several places and not structured particularly obviously.

But if you're a PHP Masta you should just know if it will or won't work no need to test anymore xD
You haven’t ever developed a full blown project, have you?
(2017-08-24, 11:53 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You haven’t ever developed a full blown project, have you?

I work on a lot of different projects (See: https://github.com/nsuchy) my largest projects are paid projects which I'm not allowed to disclose the source code.
Then you would be familiar with how difficult it is to pick up on errors before things are run.
(2017-08-25, 03:14 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Then you would be familiar with how difficult it is to pick up on errors before things are run.

Nah man ESLint baby Big Grin
[Image: sg48Ihe.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11