MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Better to deal with complaints rather than with people going away.....
We are. It's called 2.0.
(2017-09-16, 12:05 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]We are. It's called 2.0.

what are you reffering to?
(2017-09-16, 11:58 AM)devs Wrote: [ -> ]Better to deal with complaints rather than with people going away.....

(2017-09-16, 12:05 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]We are. It's called 2.0.
see now
So to confirm, you guys agree MyBB 1.8 has way too many issues, but rather than addressing them, you are rewriting the entire software?
(2017-09-16, 04:55 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]So to confirm, you guys agree MyBB 1.8 has way too many issues, but rather than addressing them, you are rewriting the entire software?
This is exactly true, at least this is how I see it.
No.

We agree 1.8 has a LOT of issues, but rather than essentially heavily refactoring the 1.8 codebase with unit testing and other modern features we're just rewriting the software, while using the "1.8 effort" portion of staff time to fix bugs in 1.8 instead of writing unit tests.

What you're asking us to do is to take a 15 year old car, and make it into a brand new BMW using only parts from a BMW. Instead we're saying how about we just buy a BMW.
I hope that we can migrate from 1.8 !!!
And if, timewise, I'm near hosting a new forum, should I wait for 2.0?
(2017-09-16, 09:03 AM)devs Wrote: [ -> ]Thats exactly what drives people away. Answers like the one above and general atitude of devs towards regular members. Its better you are out of team.....

You know nothing about me or my contributions to the project and yet you've come to the conclusion that it's a good thing I'm no longer contributing because of a single post I made venting my frustration about people like you talking about things they don't understand.

Nice one mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11