MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I don't know what progress has been made wrt implementation of a new editor, but if this is holding up the release then the idea of replacing it should be scrapped or suspended for a further future release. Just carry on with SCeditor.
(2019-08-18, 01:21 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what progress has been made wrt implementation of a new editor, but if this is holding up the release then the idea of replacing it should be scrapped or suspended for a further future release. Just carry on with SCeditor.

there has been some discussions on doing just that over the past week or so.
What was the decision?
There still isn't a solid decision. I'm in favour of a source mode editor with a live preview. We've been talking about this in Discord over the last week again (people should join the Discord - we have quite a lot of quick fire discussions there...) and I think it's the best way to go (and others seem to agree). This is a similar approach to other platforms including GitHub and Discourse. I need to finish work on my demo to give an example of how this would actually work.
Not sure what I've said in this thread so far but I'll give you my latest take.

These are imho the requirements of any editor.
1. Has to be free or custom made.
2. Should be very minimal.
3. 100% has to be mobile-first in design, execution, and implementation.
4. Hopefully won't break current posts.

I think too many editors are bulky and don't play well in mobile environments. The editor should be reviewed to see what's there that isn't necessary. Minimal is now the norm because of mobile. I don't think that's going to change.
Whatever we go with, it should allow for custom buttons to be added to the editor that work with mycodes.

Right now we either have to use a plugin add-on to SCEditor or an editor like Rin, as it isn't a default/in the documentation to allow for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11