MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.4.4 Released - Maintenance & Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I can assure you it is being worked on. Also remember that we do not live for MyBB. We do do other things with our lives.

(2009-02-27, 06:51 PM)koray61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-26, 08:28 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be ready when it's ready.

what an answer

What exactly do you want me to tell you?? We never set dates. When it's ready, it will be released, that's all there is to it.
(2009-02-27, 06:58 PM)koray61 Wrote: [ -> ]you can say it will be release in a few months. I have the impression that the developer do not more work on mybb. 3 Months and no new release 1.4. is a new major release!
True, but "it will be ready when it's ready" is exactly the truth. Developers still work on it, and I have proof - just nothing of which I can show you.
And if you don't know why we don't set dates, there's 2 main reasons. Look at it this way.

We set a date. We rush a bit to get it released by that date. Because it is rushed, an error is made. People complain.

We set a date. We want to make it problem-free so we go past the date. People complain.

So, we don't set a date. We don't have to rush to meet a deadline. We don't have to deal with people complaining we went past a deadline. When we're happy with it, and we think it is ready and stable for people to use, we release it. Would you really want us to set a date, rush to get it out by that date, and make an error which messes up your forum?? I highly doubt it.
OKKKKKKK I Shut up my Mouth
(2009-02-27, 07:34 PM)koray61 Wrote: [ -> ]OKKKKKKK I Shut up my Mouth
We're not saying you have too, but we're just explaining why the answer was given.
(2009-02-27, 06:58 PM)koray61 Wrote: [ -> ]you can say it will be release in a few months. I have the impression that the developer do not more work on mybb.

Take a look around. Look at the bug reports forum and all the bugs we have been fixing. Look at the blog-I just made a blog post only a few days ago on the progress on the development of the new Merge System.

And of course we've been working on MyBB 1.6 as well.
Im just wondering, how do you test new maintenance Releases of mybb.
Usually staff will give it a beta test to make sure there's no problems, maybe upgrade a backup of their own forum on a localhost... that's what I'll be doing for 1.4.5 anyway, localhost installs and upgrades.
(2009-03-01, 09:36 PM)bubka3 Wrote: [ -> ]Im just wondering, how do you test new maintenance Releases of mybb.

Currently, we preform beta tests and fix accordingly.
(2009-03-01, 09:38 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Usually staff will give it a beta test to make sure there's no problems, maybe upgrade a backup of their own forum on a localhost... that's what I'll be doing for 1.4.5 anyway, localhost installs and upgrades.
You say like work hasn't started on 1.4.5 .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13