MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.4.4 Released - Maintenance & Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
i have successfully upgraded mybbturkiye.com Wink
Quote:We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Obviously we would love to make a perfect release but we are:
Not paid
A small team
Have jobs, school, and other things in our lives
Are just human - we make mistakes as well

You may need to consider some method to get paid. Trust me it will make you feel a lot better. I think eventually Mybb may need to consider paid support packages to hopefully attract some corporate clients.

Small team indeed. I always feel sorry for you guys being so small and imho ...overworked because of it.

Don't we all. Smile I hope you have some balance though.

No...you're not human. You're amazing. Keep up the hard work. It's appreciated but at times we all feel frustration because well..as you said we are just human.

Quote:Obviously it is not our intention to push these releases with problems, so we do again apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.

Maybe it's time to reconsider Mybb's approach with it's development. I have already mentioned that maybe the SVN (or whatever) might be well served as public readable. Also the bug fixes thread being deleted seems a bit excessive. There is good info there. Can I suggest you make it publically viewable as well?

btw...I now have doubts with each release and big ones concerning this one. The two bugs I found were immediate. Who is to say more won't crop up. Ones that are marked as fixed. So what can be done even by the average user to double check the fixes are indeed in place. Can you tell us how these mistakes occured? I thought this was why we had the QA team created.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
(2008-11-27, 06:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]btw...I now have doubts with each release and big ones concerning this one. The two bugs I found were immediate. Who is to say more won't crop up. Ones that are marked as fixed. So what can be done even by the average user to double check the fixes are indeed in place. Can you tell us how these mistakes occured? I thought this was why we had the QA team created.

It was created for this reason, however it is a new team and as I stated in the announcement that our QA processes are still being worked on and will become better with time and through trial-and-error. We have already agreed on making it mandatory for releases to be signed off by SQA before they go public.

I don't think we've had any objections to have a public or semi public SVN, but it just takes time to get all these things done.
Thanks for this release.
I love MyBB, it's a very good forum system Smile

Ryan Gordon, check my post in the "empty posts" thread, I found the problem
wow thanks guy for fixing it, I love mybb team,
Keep on guys.
very nice !
Thanks a lot:d
The problems from earlier are gone now, so thanks to Ryan for getting that done Smile
Thanks Mybb Group, upgrade gone smooth Big Grin
wow, thanks.
It will be my homework this weekend Smile

especially bugs
"Quick Reply Problem With Hanging"
"Promotions" and "SQL error when editing thread"
man.. i knew itd be out soon, i shoulda waited before i installed mybb1.4.3 xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13