MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.4.4 Released - Maintenance & Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2008-11-30, 06:18 PM)A Hylian Human Wrote: [ -> ]
Ryan Gordon Wrote:Brute Force protection has been enhanced in MyBB 1.4.4 by adding CAPTCHA protection after 3 attempts at logging in.
MyBB 1.4.4 does not provide a separate setting for this as it is hard coded to reduce complexities in this maintenance release. MyBB 1.6 will however, feature a separate setting to manage its behavior.

You guys are already thinking about MyBB 1.6? Exclamation

Of course. Why wouldn't we?
(2008-11-30, 07:09 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
Ryan Gordon Wrote:Brute Force protection has been enhanced in MyBB 1.4.4 by adding CAPTCHA protection after 3 attempts at logging in.
MyBB 1.4.4 does not provide a separate setting for this as it is hard coded to reduce complexities in this maintenance release. MyBB 1.6 will however, feature a separate setting to manage its behavior.

Hmm... Just a little surprised, that's all.

However, it's interesting how you guys like to skip around on version numbers. from 1.2 to 1.4 to 1.6. What's wrong with 3 and 5?
But ah, I shall update as soon as possible. Smile Thanks for update.
(2008-11-30, 07:31 PM)A Hylian Human Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-30, 07:09 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmm... Just a little surprised, that's all.

However, it's interesting how you guys like to skip around on version numbers. from 1.2 to 1.4 to 1.6. What's wrong with 3 and 5?
But ah, I shall update as soon as possible. Smile Thanks for update.

We call it our version system Wink http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versi...ing_System
Sorry I am still confused. We do the upgrade with the 'changed files' then do that patch? I just want to make sure I am doing what i am suppose to do..Smile
(2008-11-30, 07:39 PM)CanadianLatitude Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I am still confused. We do the upgrade with the 'changed files' then do that patch? I just want to make sure I am doing what i am suppose to do..Smile

No, do one or the other. If you use the changed file package (recommended) you need to run the upgrader as well. The changed file package will give you bug fixes in addition to just the security patch.
Ok thanks. Smile Had a late night last night so I am still trying to clear the cob webs ha .
MyBB, Rocks...

Thanks guys, I was worried about doing this update because Blush it's my first upgrade... lol

I uploaded the files that looked like had changes, then I uploaded the upgrade14.php file, deleted the lock file, and it was just sitting there, so i hoped on the server, and MySQL was using 99% of the processing power.. So i jumped into MyPHPAdmin, made a quick SQL backup of my template's because i saw some drop SQL statments in the update script, about 10min's later, it said to click next to continue Big Grin, then it had to repair over 180k ip's, or something like that, and the screen refreshed for every 5k or 10k ip ranges... SUCCESS!!

Did i mention that you guys rock?

Again, Thanks for your hard work!
Do you have a woman working over there? Things sometimes seem abit all-over the place & I sometimes think its because it must be all guys with no women Toungue
Yes, MyBB 1.4.4 is a good idea. I cannot wait for all the features promised in MyBB 1.6. The main one is probably the ability to change the structure of the UCP.
(2008-12-01, 11:20 PM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, MyBB 1.4.4 is a good idea. I cannot wait for all the features promised in MyBB 1.6. The main one is probably the ability to change the structure of the UCP.

Where have we promised anything for 1.6?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13