MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.4.4 Released - Maintenance & Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Oh, thanks! Got that.Big Grin
When manually patching boards, do we also get the option to turn Codepress off? I can't seem to find it.
If all you've applied is the security patches in the .txt file, then no. You'll get the option if you upload the changed files.
(2008-12-09, 11:31 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]If all you've applied is the security patches in the .txt file, then no. You'll get the option if you upload the changed files.

Thanks. I guess I'll just do the upload upgrade method for 1.4.5.
Why not do it to 1.4.4 now?? Confused
(2008-12-09, 11:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Why not do it to 1.4.4 now?? Confused

I've already done the upgrade.
(2008-12-10, 03:32 AM)mix. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-09, 11:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Why not do it to 1.4.4 now?? Confused

I've already done the upgrade.

No you haven't. You only applied the security fix. All that does is fix the vulnerability and is only meant as a temporary solution until you are able to apply the entire changed file package and run the upgrade script.
If you now just upload the new files, and run the upgrade script, you'll get the bug fixes too. The manual patches were part of the changed files pack too, so you'll still have those.
So much for security.

I keep getting hacked on MyBB. One guy keeps managing to access my MySQL database, change the index table and remove my admin etc.

Any ideas?
Er, if they have access to your database, how is that MyBB's fault??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13