MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
MyBB Studios is a v2 of the recent Divine Studios.

Divine Studios was a site that I made where I can post my MyBB Themes. However, I didn't post many. Later, I realized my lack of motivation to make themes was coming from the extreme annoyance it took into updating my site. Because it is static and everything is all HTML and stuff, I need to edit like 10 million different files to get one theme up.

I have decided to adopt Labrocca's method of distributing work, by making a forum and charging a small fee for access to the downloads (hope you don't mind Undecided)

There is only one theme at the moment, but rest assured, I will be adding many more. The cost is currently $5/year (30% donated back to MyBB) for Subscriber access. I may or may not change this price over time.

MyBB Studios - MyBB Themes
I don't think anyone is going to pay $5 a year for mediocre skins. The skin on your site itself is pretty awful.
(2009-01-28, 09:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anyone is going to pay $5 a year for mediocre skins. The skin on your site itself is pretty awful.

I agree with Bey Brad. It's not that people won't pay, it just you need better skins for people to be interested.

Take Mybbcentral for instance. They also require you to pay 5 dollars, but people are willing to do so because they have some good mods. So, just try to make some better themes.
Alright, I wasn't that happy with the result of my own actually. I'm working on another one...Undecided

What do you think about the Valentine's Day skin?

(2009-01-28, 09:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anyone is going to pay $5 a year for mediocre skins. The skin on your site itself is pretty awful.

Any reason why it's awful? Nobody improves just by getting an 'it's awful'. Anything specific?
(2009-01-28, 10:08 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I wasn't that happy with the result of my own actually. I'm working on another one...Undecided

What do you think about the Valentine's Day skin?

Can you post a screenshot here?
I have a screenshot in the MyBB Themes Releases on these forums, I'm waiting for it to get approved though. I will link as soon as it gets approved.

Agreed. Or any amount of money, for that matter.
It's really just bad. I don't even know where to start. The whole thing needs to be redone. It looks like an amateur ezboard from 2001.
Honestly, I don't see the reason for the entire theme to be removed. I think the color scheme is pretty good, I know the navigation bar needs major improving.

Other than that, I don't see whats wrong with it.
In the opinion of Bey Brad it looks awful.
In my opinion its better than you using some premade theme. At least you put effort into making a theme. Toungue
I don't think it looks awful, a little bland for the submenu, but thats it. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10