MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Public Plugin Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2009-08-02, 06:08 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]A bridge imho isn't the answer. It's better to have something that works off MyBB system. Someone just needs to build it. Custom Pages by Nickman exists and whether you like it or not it's still a functional page creation system.

While I agree it's the best solution it doesn't get us the people who already have sites on other CMSs. Which is why I've been pushing integrations. As well we can't get the people who want to use MyBB because they have a forum already that's integrated with Wordpress or something and feel they need that functionality.

However I would love to a mybb cms personally more than integration. As well I hate using bridges Toungue.
Lolz, now everybody complained about bridges and how badly we do need them and now everybody wants to have a MyBB CMS again - I'll stop Drupal integration for the moment and go back to MyBB CMS now...

I think a main problem of this community is that the comm doesn't really know what they'd like to have Wink
(2009-08-02, 09:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I think a main problem of this community is that the comm doesn't really know what they'd like to have Wink

Yes, the few people in this thread are definitely representative of "the community." Rolleyes
(2009-08-02, 09:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I think a main problem of this community is that the comm doesn't really know what they'd like to have Wink
Every individual need their own individual things for their individual communities, therefore ideas will be flying about.
(2009-08-02, 09:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Lolz, now everybody complained about bridges and how badly we do need them and now everybody wants to have a MyBB CMS again - I'll stop Drupal integration for the moment and go back to MyBB CMS now...

I think a main problem of this community is that the comm doesn't really know what they'd like to have Wink

I know what I want. But, I'm thinking of the others Toungue. I don't really need a CMS so I don't need either. I'm just saying if I needed a CMS I would prefer a plugin or something built around mybb over a bridge.
(2009-08-02, 09:57 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I know what I want. But, I'm thinking of the others Toungue. I don't really need a CMS so I don't need either. I'm just saying if I needed a CMS I would prefer a plugin or something built around mybb over a bridge.

The others... well, everything stopped until I do get clear and clean requests for something.
We'll see - now up to develop something else Big Grin
I think what Brad does describe would be better as a plugin. We can all admit that things built into an existing CMS would only double-up what MyBB does like handling cookies, users, and so many other functions. In truth it wouldn't be hard to create the CMS that Brad is describing. MyBB plugin system would work perfectly fine.

I think if a good MyBB CMS was built the only logical thing to build next would be a converter from WP and Drupal. That imho would attract people to the project and gain users.

I wish I had more time to commit. I really would like to do this myself but there is just no time available.
Maybe a team of plugin developers for this one labrocca? As, well just like the mybb developers you guys only really do this out of your free time. And, a CMS is a pretty a big plugin if you ask me Toungue.
(2009-08-02, 06:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm M's MyWiki project sounds like something that would totally work for me (considering a Wiki is a huge part of my site already), but I have no clue of the progress on that or if it's even a live project still. And that guy has enough on his plate right now. Smile

MyWiki is live project - I finished off the feature list for it at the weekend. It should be released towards the end of the year (no promises though!). It would be done sooner but something else jumped in the way. It will do pretty much everything that you've mentioned here.
It's a shame there is this suggestion. MyBB is great project gone bad. No matter how much you flame me, you people are trying to milk this project for money only. Other BBS focus on their marketing strategy and how to get market share, while you focus the aspects where you could milk money from MyBB. The funny thing is, i recently saw an author that is requesting money for templates modifications. That's more then just sad. If you need money, yes you developers, then turn MyBB into commercial project, add tons of features and go the way of IPB. At least we would pay you the money and not the authors of plugins. Even commercial products have more free plugins then MyBB. And no, don't start the thing about people aren't being interested in plugin making and theme making. There are tons of MyBB designers and modifications authors that would be willing to join the project. Feature is a feature, board is a board, and money is money. And why should we donate? To donate money which would eventually go to some, Harry, Jesse, Frank or whatever it's named? The MyBB project lacks funding from 3rd party groups and bad marketing. Why is phpbb3 successful even tough it lacks pretty much of security and other things? Because they searched for sponsors, people who would give them money and keep them motivated to develop. MyBB should do the same, go out there and find some sponsors for pit sake, so we could forgot about payed plugins and themes keeping them minimal and just as bad place in history of MyBB. To make things clear: Go out and find sponsors!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8