MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Public Plugin Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I will donate. Once i get a job...
I would donate but I know how greedy some plugin authors can be... After the limit is reached, will the plugin be publicly available without having to "donate" or "subscribe" to download it? I highly doubt it and for that reason I choose NOT to donate.

(2009-08-01, 06:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, this is better than a donation to MyBB's server costs; it's an actual investment in the future of MyBB.
(2009-08-03, 09:14 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]I would donate but I know how greedy some plugin authors can be... After the limit is reached, will the plugin be publicly available without having to "donate" or "subscribe" to download it? I highly doubt it and for that reason I choose NOT to donate.

I think the whole plan of this fund was to have them be public plugins. It would be stupid to have a bunch of people pay into it just to have them pay guy to get it.

Also no more talk about the plugin authors being greedy... I'm not buying something for a free script... blah blah blah. This isn't the thread for it.
Just as I thought, your not a part of the MyBB team, anyways if they are free to the public then I might consider making a donation or two if that's the case.
When did I ever say i was part of the team?
(2009-08-03, 10:03 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]Just as I thought, your not a part of the MyBB team, anyways if they are free to the public then I might consider making a donation or two if that's the case.

The entire point was that these plugins would be free to the public on release.
Wow... people don't read anymore do they?
I'd donate if I could get my hands on some money. Don't hold your breath, XD.

(Tomm, you're going to end up rich around here, haha)
Sadly, about 90% of websites have some form of wiki now and myBB currently has no integration for mediawiki. PHPBB does but I really hate their template system and even then its only user integration it does not use the same sessions. So, you have to log in twice. If anyone would make wiki integration I would give some money although I can't give much. Sad Starting college soon and money is rough.
There is media wiki integration. Although it's old and hidden somewhere in a thread about it Toungue. I'm sure it's still usable with minor modification.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8