MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Public Plugin Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It is still usable; I use it.
I tried using it and only ran into problems.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-15007-page-17.html
(2009-08-05, 11:27 AM)Existance0 Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, about 90% of websites have some form of wiki now and myBB currently has no integration for mediawiki. PHPBB does but I really hate their template system and even then its only user integration it does not use the same sessions. So, you have to log in twice. If anyone would make wiki integration I would give some money although I can't give much. Sad Starting college soon and money is rough.
Something like this? http://wiki.sc2.zingaburga.com/Main_Page
I wrote it up a long time ago, but I'm not sure if I can distribute it...
Yes, something like that.
Comeon Yumi you got to! That would work!
(2009-08-06, 12:06 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-05, 11:27 AM)Existance0 Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, about 90% of websites have some form of wiki now and myBB currently has no integration for mediawiki. PHPBB does but I really hate their template system and even then its only user integration it does not use the same sessions. So, you have to log in twice. If anyone would make wiki integration I would give some money although I can't give much. :( Starting college soon and money is rough.
Something like this? http://wiki.sc2.zingaburga.com/Main_Page
I wrote it up a long time ago, but I'm not sure if I can distribute it...

What would prevent you from distributing?
(2009-08-06, 02:07 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What would prevent you from distributing?
Code was more written for my own purposes rather than for distribution (ie no admin interface, lots of hardcoding etc).
Also, it's still going to be a little problematic, for example, although the bridge uses MyBB templates for the wiki header, you still need to modify Mediawiki's theme to fit MyBB (or vice versa) as there really is no suitable way to bridge the two in that regard.
I can foresee so many support issues that I really can't be bothered myself >_> I guess I also don't have any motivation either as well.
I got a little. I'll love you forever. /joke

Well we need some wiki link. There are like 3 other free ones can't we do it?
Quote:I can foresee so many support issues that I really can't be bothered myself >_> I guess I also don't have any motivation either as well.

A sad reality for a lot of good authors. The trouble is attracting them to come help. I guess that's why Brad wants to start a fund. Money talks as they say.
(2009-08-06, 02:58 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-06, 02:07 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What would prevent you from distributing?
Code was more written for my own purposes rather than for distribution (ie no admin interface, lots of hardcoding etc).
Also, it's still going to be a little problematic, for example, although the bridge uses MyBB templates for the wiki header, you still need to modify Mediawiki's theme to fit MyBB (or vice versa) as there really is no suitable way to bridge the two in that regard.
I can foresee so many support issues that I really can't be bothered myself >_> I guess I also don't have any motivation either as well.
You could just say "I will offer no support for this." its better than not releasing it at all. But facts are you probably don't know everything you changed (often happens to me) and a release would mean a lot of backtracking and checking that you got everything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8