MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Public Plugin Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
this topic is for people who want to be sponsors

nice wall of text though
Murloc, can you please stick to the thread subject, rather than go on this tangent. It's not necessary, and certainly not productive to this thread.

MyBB is a product, developed by volunteers in our spare time, that will always be free. We have no problem with people charging for plugins or code modifications. It's completely up to the user whether they buy these or not.
Im just saying there are many sponsors out there that are willing to donate to MyBB project. Sure you developers know some. I just say that MyBB needs better marketing so it could get sponsored.
WTF are you talking about? This has nothing to with the MyBB developers or the MyBB projects core. All I've seen you do on the mybb forums is complain about having to pay for things.

Well grow up and learn what being and Admin is! No matter what as a good admin your going to spend money somewhere, be it hosting, a domain, scripts, themes, addons, content.

But, for a lot of those you have the option of learning to make them yourself so you don't have to buy them. So if you want a feature that is only available through paid plugins learn php and make your own version of it and release it for free.

But, again it has nothing to do with this topic.

/end off topic discussion
Btw one question, from where does phpbb3 gets sponsored? Some organizations give them money or? Anyway this fund would be better for developing something like Vbadvanced for MyBB ,blog system, directory system. I find them quite more useful and more willing to pay for them as they really extend the product. My opinion is that we should make fund for something like MyNetwork, MyBB portal system, MyBB integrations, MyBB trackers, MyBB repository rather then just some small plugins.
phpbb doesn't have sponsors(to my knowledge except maybe googles summer of code, but I'm not sure if phpbb is involved in that), they sell ad space Wink.
Well am ready to donate 100$ too, if the developers start to make quality plugins.......otherwise I'll go to Tomm M Toungue
all of you stay away from tomm m he's mine
Damn, which one was the highest bid Toungue?
considering he's already doing a plugin for me i think i win Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8