MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Latest Forum: SupportForums.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have finally launched a brand new forum.

http://www.supportforums.net

I started developing it yesterday and I have officially opened it today. There is still adjustments and work to do but overall I am very pleased on the launch. I feel it's one of my best themes.

The forum is geared toward helping people with problems not only with computers but other areas of tech as well as personal. I hope to grow the various categories over time.

Honest comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.supportforums.net
The theme itself looks good. I'd advice you to make some adjustments to the logo, maybe changing the bevel and contours to something different, it kind of not fits the rest of the theme.

Also, the icons for the icons for search and such are a bit big. They kind of confuse me with the icon in the logo.

And I think you have to change the color of links in the footer, and link colors on tcat.

BTW, how did you managed to have 50+ members and 620+ posts in one day?! Congrats! (I'd like to learn to do that, mind to share the trick Toungue)
I ain't too worried about the header. I'll improve it over time. People place too much emphasis on headers when in fact they are really the least important graphic.

I may adjust the tcat color...not sure yet. I like it now.

As for members. When you have a community of 70,000 members it's easy to start a new project.
I'll be honest, i don't like the theme really, i like WMF the best, and think if anything that theme would be perfect again. I don't like that much green really. But i will for sure join on and help out in the linux section if i can Big Grin Thanks for making sure thats in there.
I like the theme. And, I registered under the username Alex (I'm trying to get away from nicknames but well it's hard with a common name Toungue).
(2009-10-05, 03:16 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I ain't too worried about the header. I'll improve it over time. People place too much emphasis on headers when in fact they are really the least important graphic.

I'm not sure about that... the header is the first thing vistors will see, and the one they will see in every page so... it's quite important. Probably you really don't need to focus on that because you already have many people willing to participate in your sites, so usability shouldn't be in top of your site priorities.

And about the tcat, I meant the links color. They are black, so are hard to read over the dark gray.
Quote:I'm not sure about that... the header is the first thing vistors will see, and the one they will see in every page so... it's quite important.

Wrong. Because it's there doesn't mean it's seen. People overlook the header very often because it's not important. It has to be functional and not look hideous but spending a great deal of time on a header is pointless normally. Color scheme is much more important.

You're a great designer that's 100% for sure. But I know communities.
Nice looking site, I joined. I think you need a web development forum though and more people that need helping Toungue
Yes I need some web development seperation. I'll continue working on structure the next couple of days.
Well the theme looks hideous there is no way i would even consider trying to get support from a board that looked like that.

Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..) I would certainly go straight to there own official board cause they know what there on about instead of some kid thinking he knows everything.

I'm not saying you are a kid but in general most of these support forums are just kids that think they know everythin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7