MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Pro 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
What's the font of the logo?
S e c r e t, a designer never tells it's secret! The font name is REZ
Ok then.
I have a quick question...

Am I allowed to use the icons (closed, new reply, new thread, etc) on another theme?

Thanks Smile
(2009-12-22, 11:05 PM)Dutchcoffee Wrote: [ -> ]I have a quick question...

Am I allowed to use the icons (closed, new reply, new thread, etc) on another theme?

Thanks Smile

You are aslong as you give credit in the footer.

Just put:

Postbit Images Designed By <a href="http://community.mybboard.net/user-16282.html" target="_blank">Zomaian</a>, © 2009 <a href="http://colourtechni.com" target="_blank">ColourTechni</a>.
Boy this really looks wonderful and is a great resource (I do a lot of work in the open source arena myself...)

That being said, while I may not be new to many things, including other more expensive (and crappy) forum technology, when I went to implement this wonderful resource you have here, I'll be darned if I can figure out exactly where the .psd "button" images should be placed.

Judging by all of the posts I read through from post one to mine, I see I am apparently the only idiot incapable of figuring this out! I sorted through the .xml provided and did not find reference to it there; likewise since I cannot find a single "identically named" image file anywhere on my install, I have a feeling sorting through the .css's or .php's will likely be just as futile for my eggnog filled mind tonight.

Is there anyone out there with as shallow of a life as I am living that could post a simple direction for me to shoot the included .psd files to on my test forum? I really want to get something done that "feels" productive since there is no Christmas here for me this year.

Could anyone give a numb-skull a hand?

Much appreciated; and great work on behalf of the OP - the .xml and everything included is truly a wonderful thing!

Thank you all (and the OP of course) in advance! I'm signing up for the news/mailing list now as well! Big Grin

Regards,
Idiot missing out on Christmas...
Well don't feel bad. But PSD aren't web images. When you export them to png or gif, You have to put them in /images/themename or just /images/ (I don't have a copy of this, you'll have to see which is right)
(2009-12-26, 06:29 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Well don't feel bad. But PSD aren't web images. When you export them to png or gif, You have to put them in /images/themename or just /images/ (I don't have a copy of this, you'll have to see which is right)

OK, well even without any of that eggnog I mentioned, I realized that after I wrote that post - considering that a .psd is a photoshop "d" (whatever the Hell the "d" stands for in the extension acronym...)

I guess I am just entirely too burned out on everything and looking at utter demise of essentially everything I have going for me at this age, and it has made my mind turn to mush. Yeah, its no problem to convert .psd to .gif .png or .jpg and stuff them in there... I am not sure myself where they should go exactly, but as you astutely mention, there really are only a couple of options...

DOh! I think is in order at this point! Thank you so much for humoring my stupidity. I obviously looked before I leaped on that post. I am going to crawl under a rock now... Confused

I as well would like to thank you for posting a reply on of all days Christmas! May you and yours have a most Happy Holiday Season and thanks for taking the time out to state the obvious...

(I was told years ago by an older gentleman the following quotation, "You can't see the forest for the tress in front of you!" I guess I have yet to overcome that issue; and likely many others!) Thanks again... Sad)

Regards,
Douglas
PSD= Photoshop Document.
(2009-12-26, 06:55 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]PSD= Photoshop Document.

Ahhh, yeah burn out is what you call that! I have only been using ADOBE products since they first became available for the PC platform, which I know is no where near as long as they held fast to their Mac proprietary releases, but for goodness sakes, I think my brains are leaking out of my ears! Sadly, yes I knew that too... Problem solved BTW, even prior to the other gentleman's most polite post, but I thank you for expert definition for which makes me feel even lousier about myself (NOT YOUR FAULT AT ALL...)

Thanks to you all, I really do appreciate it. Just wish I could freaking think these days. Perhaps sleep is warranted every 1-2 weeks, I hear that can be helpful... Rolleyes

Take care and Happy Holidays guys (and gals if aplicable...)

Warm regards,
Douglas
BTW, got to love MyBB and it's hierarchy and steadfast fool-proof for idiots architecture. While I have not quite yet found the "actual" appropriate folder for my wonderful (now correctly reformatted images...) it's great, one can just throw those images all over the place; if none of the .php, .css or .xml calls for it in the "wrong places" (as it cannot) at one point I'll hit the correct folder. Four extra useless images in misc. folders will have zero impact on anything, so once again, saved by MyBB's simplicity!

Regards,
Douglas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19