MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Pro 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
lol.. because if you are still using a 1024 resolution display, then you should sell your PC Toungue I may bump it to 1200px
Our boards average users resolution is 1440 and higher. Most are well over that. We can not adjust things based on people with outdated PC's and displays.
This is an amazing theme Big Grin
I need to start learning CSS3.
(2009-11-23, 01:59 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]That did it.. AWESOME!! 1100px
Thanks a lot for your help, this is now our board theme.

Nice work Wink
Can I see your board, I want to see how the theme looks when it's wider.

(2009-11-23, 02:38 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]This is an amazing theme Big Grin
You don't really learn it you just got to know 2 new CSS lines:

-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
(2009-11-23, 02:32 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]We can not adjust things based on people with outdated PC's and displays.

Small resolution does not necessarily mean outdated. For example due to the recent netbook boom we have now tons of users with 1024x600 resolution (which is what the most popular 10" netbooks use). People buy these things like crazy since they are cheap and useful, as they fit in any bag and you can use them from anywhere. I myself took a netbook on my trip to Japan (using it right now) because it's the smallest device that does everything I want. I do not have room for a 15" laptop really.

So I'm really glad that most pages still support 1024 resolution, it would really suck if this (and other) forums did not fit in the screen width.
(2009-11-23, 03:15 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-23, 02:32 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]We can not adjust things based on people with outdated PC's and displays.

Small resolution does not necessarily mean outdated. For example due to the recent netbook boom we have now tons of users with 1024x600 resolution (which is what the most popular 10" netbooks use). People buy these things like crazy since they are cheap and useful, as they fit in any bag and you can use them from anywhere. I myself took a netbook on my trip to Japan (using it right now) because it's the smallest device that does everything I want. I do not have room for a 15" laptop really.

So I'm really glad that most pages still support 1024 resolution, it would really suck if this (and other) forums did not fit in the screen width.
Just because of the netbook boom I got to keep all my sites under 1000 Sad
(2009-11-23, 02:48 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice work Wink

There's more to it than that: http://www.css3.info/preview/

But for rounded corners, that's all you need to know.
(2009-11-23, 02:32 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]lol.. because if you are still using a 1024 resolution display, then you should sell your PC Toungue I may bump it to 1200px
Our boards average users resolution is 1440 and higher. Most are well over that. We can not adjust things based on people with outdated PC's and displays.

Sorry dude uhh, but you're wrong. I have a Touchsmart PC, 22" 1680x1050. I'm just a person who takes in consideration many users out there with different monitor sizes.
(2009-11-23, 03:44 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-23, 02:48 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice work Wink

There's more to it than that: http://www.css3.info/preview/

But for rounded corners, that's all you need to know.
Ah I thought you were talking about only borders Toungue
Zomaian Wrote:Can I see your board, I want to see how the theme looks when it's wider.

I will be sure to send you a link once its in place permanent.
I need to make some other non related changes before i can use that theme as default.

'frostschutz Wrote:Small resolution does not necessarily mean outdated. For example due to the recent netbook boom we have now tons of users with 1024x600 resolution (which is what the most popular 10" netebooks use). People buy these things like crazy since they are cheap and useful, as they fit in any bag and you can use them from anywhere. I myself took a netbook on my trip to Japan (using it right now) because it's the smallest device that does everything I want. I do not have room for a 15" laptop really.

Yes, you are correct.
That small notebook users number compared to desktops/laptop users is not our concern.
As i said before, we are only concerned for our majority users. If you are using a 10' display to view the board, thats your tuff luck.
The majority board experience should not have to suffer because of backward technology post pc products such as notebooks.

We offer the best possible experience and you must use the right technology to experience this. A 10' notebook does not cut it.
Our members would not be very happy if we made the board small/narrow because of a few 10' users that might use the board.

This theme is fantastic, but not at a display over 1400 without the changes for our needs.
Its just to narrow and lacks the room needed for the best experience for our members. Its what "our board" needs. I am not speaking for other boards.

Thanks again Zomaian, i'll be sure to send you a link soon Smile
Welcome anytime Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19