MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] ProPortal 1.0: A More Functional Portal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Yes, I have written a couple of blocks for pro_portal. The idea is brilliant, but its clunky to implement - especially for the userbase it is aimed at. If you can code blocks and generally know your way around a query then you probably wouldn't use pro_portal anyway.

Looking forward to the 1.6 version Smile with ACP block settings

As you said, its a CC licence so as long as you credit DragonFever somewhere then its covered (afaik)
is this no longer supported? the devloper site doesn't work anymore *sigh*
(2011-02-08, 05:01 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have written a couple of blocks for pro_portal. The idea is brilliant, but its clunky to implement - especially for the userbase it is aimed at. If you can code blocks and generally know your way around a query then you probably wouldn't use pro_portal anyway.

Looking forward to the 1.6 version Smile with ACP block settings

As you said, its a CC licence so as long as you credit DragonFever somewhere then its covered (afaik)

Yep, I'll release it under the same license with derivative credit to him. Development has halted as I'm redesigning the block theory on paper right now, but I hope to have a working beta up sometime soon.

(2011-02-08, 08:55 PM)silent1643 Wrote: [ -> ]is this no longer supported? the devloper site doesn't work anymore *sigh*

No. We don't know what happened to the developer. Others (including myself) have started derivative works though. Expect a release soon.
Is it possible to use html (iframes) inside of the pages to include external html or php sites?
The possibility to design pages in proportal is a little bit few.

Or is there any other method to show external html pages within the portal as proportal does it?
Please help i'll need any solution to show external pages in Portal.

Thanks,
Fatmax1982
(2011-02-04, 12:34 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I started working on a complete rewrite a few days ago and it's coming along nicely. I'll most likely release it when I'm done.

I look forward to this.
both "pro portal" and Advanced Portal http://community.mybb.com/thread-55168.html have their own portal.php. Both from 1.4x, not 1.6x

Then I think that just modifying 1.4* to 1.6* in php file in "inc/plugins/" will not make them completely compatible to 1.6x

best thing to do is running in notepad++ Text Compare tool (Alt+D) between original portal.php of 1.4* and 1.6* then convert to 1.6*
(2011-02-11, 11:01 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]both "pro portal" and Advanced Portal http://community.mybb.com/thread-55168.html have their own portal.php. Both from 1.4x, not 1.6x

Then I think that just modifying 1.4* to 1.6* in php file in "inc/plugins/" will not make them completely compatible to 1.6x

best thing to do is running in notepad++ Text Compare tool (Alt+D) between original portal.php of 1.4* and 1.6* then convert to 1.6*

ProPortal is completely separate from MyBB; there is no plugin file. Compatibility issues will only arise if a major change happens to the MyBB core. You don't need to update or touch anything for it to fully work on 1.6.
do you have an example of this?? as the first demo link doesn't for work us

thanks
I´m using it now with 1.6, great script. Thanks Steven for clarification about 'portal.php'

Are there any mirrors to (supposed) custom blocks shared at promybb.com (R.I.P.)?
how to chane it to RTL ?????
i have a problem with blocks
because my language is persian (RTL)
so when i want to increase space between blocks (horizontal) it changes space between side blocks and side of site
please help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25