MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] ProPortal 1.0: A More Functional Portal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2011-03-13, 12:15 PM)Zoolman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I followed this to the letter and now just get a blank screen on my site.

Is your entire site affected? You should have made a backup of your original portal.php file and replaced it after you ran the ProPortal uninstaller.

If you didn't, you'll need to replace portal.php with a fresh copy from a MyBB download.
How do you allow html in the portal announcement block? It works on my forums posts, but not in the block on the portal.
download link does not work.
(2011-03-31, 06:30 PM)joegti10 Wrote: [ -> ]download link does not work.

Here ya go: http://dtoxnetwork.com/downloads/MYBB_ProPortal.zip
So on the announcements if you post a picture it shows the full size.. Is there anyway to get the announcements to look like this? http://www.thetechgame.com/
(2011-02-19, 06:43 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I never noticed that! It looks like the code for the default portal is much simpler than what ProPortal is doing. You can port it over:

// Latest forum discussions
if($mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussions'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum'])
{
	$altbg = alt_trow();
	$threadlist = '';
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		WHERE 1=1 $unviewwhere AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC 
		LIMIT 0, ".$mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum']
	);
	while($thread = $db->fetch_array($query))
	{
		$lastpostdate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		$lastposttime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		// Don't link to guest's profiles (they have no profile).
		if($thread['lastposteruid'] == 0)
		{
			$lastposterlink = $thread['lastposter'];
		}
		else
		{
			$lastposterlink = build_profile_link($thread['lastposter'], $thread['lastposteruid']);
		}
		if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
		}
		$thread['subject'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($parser->parse_badwords($thread['subject']));
		$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid']);
		$thread['lastpostlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid'], 0, "lastpost");
		eval("\$threadlist .= \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads_thread")."\";");
		$altbg = alt_trow();
	}
	if($threadlist)
	{ 
		// Show the table only if there are threads
		eval("\$latestthreads = \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads")."\";");
	}
}

Is there a way to make this block only show latest threads of a specific section in the Forum? Thanks Wink
Howdy Portal Friends.

I've gotta couple questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I'm going to guess a plugin may be needed to solve one issue but the other may just require some coding skillz that are beyond my own very limited ones.

First question, I've got a plugin that's adding a poll to my forum index.php page. This is all well and good but I'd like there to be a way to add the same to my portal page, which is the initial page you reach when you come visit. (http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/forums & http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/forums/index.php).

Now the poll on the portal doesn't HAVE to look like it does on the index, but if anyone knows a way to add a poll to the portal just by using the PID# that'd be great.

Second issue (and I see someone else has a similar one) is with videos/pictures in the "Announcements" block. I've got a shadowbox and resizer installed for pictures so they show up in a nice neat thumbnail but video embeds show up huge and mess up the whole thing.

Does anyone know of any kind of plugin or something that I can add to my site to resize videos or have something similar to a shadowbox for them? Know what I'm saying?

Thanks folks. I, and my members, appreciate all the work you do.
(2011-06-07, 06:05 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy Portal Friends.

I've gotta couple questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I'm going to guess a plugin may be needed to solve one issue but the other may just require some coding skillz that are beyond my own very limited ones.

First question, I've got a plugin that's adding a poll to my forum index.php page. This is all well and good but I'd like there to be a way to add the same to my portal page, which is the initial page you reach when you come visit. (http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/forums & http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/forums/index.php).

Now the poll on the portal doesn't HAVE to look like it does on the index, but if anyone knows a way to add a poll to the portal just by using the PID# that'd be great.

Second issue (and I see someone else has a similar one) is with videos/pictures in the "Announcements" block. I've got a shadowbox and resizer installed for pictures so they show up in a nice neat thumbnail but video embeds show up huge and mess up the whole thing.

Does anyone know of any kind of plugin or something that I can add to my site to resize videos or have something similar to a shadowbox for them? Know what I'm saying?

Thanks folks. I, and my members, appreciate all the work you do.

for second issue just use img in size that you want,i don't think there is any way to resize images automaticlly in proportal

and first question is my question too
i want a good poll in pro portal too, but actually this amazing plugin doesn't support anymore Sad
Well, I can resize the images for that but then they're pretty tiny elsewhere. Not everyone uses the portal so I'm trying to find a good way to keep everyone happy.
(2011-06-04, 09:14 PM)av8r_bra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-19, 06:43 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I never noticed that! It looks like the code for the default portal is much simpler than what ProPortal is doing. You can port it over:

// Latest forum discussions
if($mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussions'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum'])
{
	$altbg = alt_trow();
	$threadlist = '';
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		WHERE 1=1 $unviewwhere AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC 
		LIMIT 0, ".$mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum']
	);
	while($thread = $db->fetch_array($query))
	{
		$lastpostdate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		$lastposttime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		// Don't link to guest's profiles (they have no profile).
		if($thread['lastposteruid'] == 0)
		{
			$lastposterlink = $thread['lastposter'];
		}
		else
		{
			$lastposterlink = build_profile_link($thread['lastposter'], $thread['lastposteruid']);
		}
		if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
		}
		$thread['subject'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($parser->parse_badwords($thread['subject']));
		$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid']);
		$thread['lastpostlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid'], 0, "lastpost");
		eval("\$threadlist .= \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads_thread")."\";");
		$altbg = alt_trow();
	}
	if($threadlist)
	{ 
		// Show the table only if there are threads
		eval("\$latestthreads = \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads")."\";");
	}
}

Is there a way to make this block only show latest threads of a specific section in the Forum? Thanks Wink

hey i have the same question.that would be a great if someone help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25