MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] ProPortal 1.0: A More Functional Portal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2011-02-18, 04:24 AM)djdoubt03 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to have this but http://www.promybb.com/ is down so I can't download, anyone else have a copy? or another solution to an Advanced portal system?

http://stevenzezulak.com/proportal.html

Original files and no registration necessary. Smile
Please see the other version of this post, for my questions, which I would love someone to be able to answer Smile

here
(2011-02-19, 03:29 PM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]1) How can you stop 'Latest Threads' displaying certain forums on the portal - ie stop showing up deleted threads, staff posts etc

I never noticed that! It looks like the code for the default portal is much simpler than what ProPortal is doing. You can port it over:

// Latest forum discussions
if($mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussions'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum'])
{
	$altbg = alt_trow();
	$threadlist = '';
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		WHERE 1=1 $unviewwhere AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC 
		LIMIT 0, ".$mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum']
	);
	while($thread = $db->fetch_array($query))
	{
		$lastpostdate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		$lastposttime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $thread['lastpost']);
		// Don't link to guest's profiles (they have no profile).
		if($thread['lastposteruid'] == 0)
		{
			$lastposterlink = $thread['lastposter'];
		}
		else
		{
			$lastposterlink = build_profile_link($thread['lastposter'], $thread['lastposteruid']);
		}
		if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
		{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
		}
		$thread['subject'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($parser->parse_badwords($thread['subject']));
		$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid']);
		$thread['lastpostlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid'], 0, "lastpost");
		eval("\$threadlist .= \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads_thread")."\";");
		$altbg = alt_trow();
	}
	if($threadlist)
	{ 
		// Show the table only if there are threads
		eval("\$latestthreads = \"".$templates->get("portal_latestthreads")."\";");
	}
}

(2011-02-19, 03:29 PM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]2) When you do 'Page Management' how do you get these pages on the portal?

I developed a simple block file that will list all the ProPortal pages.

(2011-02-19, 03:29 PM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]3) When you create a 'new block' how do you define a new one? it either comes out as just text, or if you pick a set one it clears it all out and add online users etc for example

I'm not sure what you mean. To create a new ProPortal block you simply make a new PHP file in /portal/blocks/ that follows the naming scheme ("block_[blockname].php") or you can create a text only block which is done through the ProPortal panel.
(2010-03-03, 05:31 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-03, 01:57 PM)wizzie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, great portal, but how can I make it the home page of my site

Thanks
Graham

Its easier this way -

If you want to redirect your users first to portal page when they type your domain name, add following code to your .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex portal.php

I then have a login redirect that redirects once they log in to the forums from the portal page and then a logout redirect that puts them back to the portal page they started on once they log out.

Hi everyone,
where exactly do I place this in the htaccess file?
(2011-02-19, 11:06 PM)mark64 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
where exactly do I place this in the htaccess file?

It shouldn't matter. I stuck mine right at the end.
once i put this in the htaccess, how can i get a link back to the forum?
Just click on the breadcrumb link.
Anyone know where I can get the code to make the following modules?

-Show static News content, in a box similar to the announcements one.

Thanks in advance,
Nate
(2011-02-20, 03:49 AM)NateN34 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know where I can get the code to make the following modules?

-Show static News content, in a box similar to the announcements one.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Why not just use the announcements block?
(2011-02-09, 03:36 PM)Fatmax1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to use html (iframes) inside of the pages to include external html or php sites?
The possibility to design pages in proportal is a little bit few.

Or is there any other method to show external html pages within the portal as proportal does it?
Please help i'll need any solution to show external pages in Portal.

Thanks,
Fatmax1982

No Idea for this problem?

If it doesn't work to use iframes inside pages, what about the possibility to use blocks instead pages to include better html or php.
The problem for me in that case would be that the blocks should only be visible in portal after klick on a link.

Are there users of ProPortal at the web which use more comprehensive sites than that with the standard-functions?

Greetings,
Fatmax1982
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25