MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed Poster 7.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I hate to keep bothering you about this, but I've removed the code above and they're still being "inserted" at times different than the date and time they're actually posted on my site.

Is there something else that needs to be done to get them to post with the date and time the thread is actually posted on my site?
Working great now with v6.1. Thanks!
+Added option on add/edit feed to use feed post date or not. Default is not.
Just want to ask which is preferable to make a new user with "bot" name? or A normal username will do?

Should we really need to let the people know that it was a bots doing?
I would create a new username with bot name to make it clear for users.
(2019-06-14, 03:05 AM)mrdangem Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to ask which is preferable to make a new user with "bot" name? or A normal username will do?

Should we really need to let the people know that it was a bots doing?

It's up to you. Personnaly, I create an user by feed and I have a special group for them. It's just because this group is the only one allowed to create thread in the "news" forum, other users can just reply.
Hello there,

I am using MyBB 1.8.21 and the plugin version 6.1 and have some strange issues.
At first some RSS feeds are not added to my forum and some others are posted multiple times.
Moreover I ticked the checkbox to lock the topic but this does not work too.

Currently I am using the Mybb task scheduler but I am planning to move to cron.
A manual call of the task does not change anything.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards,
tomhans
Check your task logs for the feeds for the ones not most posted. Most of the time it occurs if the RSS feed is perfectly valid.
Thank you for your reply vbgamer45.

Yeah I found the issue the title is to long =S
Does this limit comes from the plugin or mybb itself?

Any ideas for the duplicated ones?
probably from the feed source. We use php's simplexml which isn't very forgiving in terms of the feeds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31