MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] VBNavBar for MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Thanks very much! Keep up the good work.

Feel free to add to OP, im showcasing it here: Berlingo Forum
(2011-10-25, 04:05 PM)fachrils Wrote: [ -> ][Image: fail.png]
this html code,
<tbody><tr>

<td class="smalltext">Username:</td>

<td><input name="quick_username" size="8" title="Username" class="textbox" value="Username" onfocus="this.value=''" tabindex="1" type="text"></td>

<td class="smalltext"><label title="If ticked, your login details will be remembered on this computer, otherwise, you will be logged out as soon as you close your browser."><input class="checkbox" name="quick_remember" value="yes" tabindex="3" checked="checked" type="checkbox">Remember me</label></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smalltext">Password:</td>

<td><input name="quick_password" size="8" title="Password:" value="Password:" class="textbox" onfocus="this.value=''" tabindex="2" type="password"></td>

<td><input class="button" name="submit" style="font-weight: normal;" value="Login" tabindex="4" type="submit"></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

how to remove from

header_welcomeblock_member

header_welcomeblock_member_admin

header_welcomeblock_member_moderator

??

@fabrils: Have you done the template edits as shown on this page? You would need to replace whatever is it the original template part with the code shown.

(2011-10-30, 06:43 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ @david, if you use firefox then those drop down menus may not work ...

for other browsers, check if you have uploaded the required js files AND
added required code in headerinclude template (in ungrouped templates)

@ranjani: Thanks for your helpSmile You mentioned that the dropdown menus might not work in FF... could you let me know which version of FF you found this in if possible please?

(2011-10-30, 06:46 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much! Keep up the good work.

Feel free to add to OP, im showcasing it here: Berlingo Forum

@David: Thanks Smile Did you manage to get the dropdown working in the end?

^ well, I've been using firefox 3.6.16 on windows XP ; just now checked VBnavbar
on a recent version of firefox with windows 7 AND the drop down menus worked ...
I am sorry, I am new to this, I downloaded the .xml file to make it easier with the files from the first page. I put everything in is respective place and when I activate the navbar, and try to use the 1.6.4 updated code, i get a security error. If I leave it alone and go onto my wbepage, I get the menu, looks great but the UserCP is missing a lot of stuff and the home buttom does not work.
Also, with the template I downloaded for easier install, I installed that under the master and when I use that template, my banner does not display. I have been reading posts for hours and cannot figure this one out, Please help!!!!
Thanks so much!
Steve
ok, now I have my banner working and the userCP dropdown working but everything else dissapeared and the search/memebers list/etc is above the nav bar. For some reason my comuter will not take a screen shot.
Too Good Dear Big Grin
Just a problem is that "Tabbed Menu" stops work any more then, but I may ignore that Wink
[Image: oPz9P.png]
hmmm seems to be some problems after updateing to 1.6.5 version
any suggestions how to fix this?
^ appears that you have forgot about modified class_templates.php ...

rename your 1.6.5 version's class_templates.php as class_templates_ORIG.php & use the modified file
oh, damn I forgot about that, thank you ranjani
First, apologies to InsaneSpeed and Tanweer - were you both able to get the vBNavBar working in the end (and with Tabbed Menu)? I have to admit the current .xml file is out of date, but I think it's a brilliant contribution so I plan to release an updated version for MyBB 1.6.5 very soon.

@Lokki and Ranjani: Thank you for your posts! I have now updated functions.php in the first post of this thread to reflect the latest changes to MyBB 1.6.5, so if you could download this version for your forum(s) that would be really helpful!

Quote:CHANGELOG: December 2nd 2011 - Replaced functions.php for MyBB 1.6.5
To upgrade from MyBB 1.6.4 - please download the new functions.php file from the first post and replace the original inc/functions.php.
Sorry if im repeating something but 10 pages is alot to look through.
How can I keep the functionality of Google SEO when using this modification (both use function.php)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12