MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] VBNavBar for MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
http://envizioned.net

It worked, but for some reason it moved my header image down so it wasn't at the top of the container, as well as my logo. How do I fix this?
(2011-06-29, 02:15 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you may use my site as an example when it's done.

I also took the liberty of putting all the stuff together for people if they don't want to go through all the steps here;

Please note that this runs off all the default images, so people will have to setup a new folder if they want to do new images. Also you still need to grab all the files from the first post in order for this to work. This is only the templates modifications from the guide on how to set it up.

Thanks very much, Kos Smile I will be sure to put a link from the first post to let others know.

(2011-07-01, 07:18 PM)Insidious Wrote: [ -> ]http://envizioned.net

It worked, but for some reason it moved my header image down so it wasn't at the top of the container, as well as my logo. How do I fix this?

Thanks for the feedback - am glad you got it all working! Big Grin

Could you try doing the edits using a text editor instead? Unfortunately it looks as though there are lot of spaces (or nbspWink in your code, which I think is the cause of the gap. It's usually easier to copy and paste the code into a text editor (like NotePad - rather than WordPad) and then copy that into the template editing part.

To summarise: you would need to remove any excess   that you find - particularly in your header and headerinclude templates.
@ Insidious
in global.css , for #container , try padding:0; AND width:100%;
(2011-07-01, 07:43 PM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-29, 02:15 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you may use my site as an example when it's done.

I also took the liberty of putting all the stuff together for people if they don't want to go through all the steps here;

Please note that this runs off all the default images, so people will have to setup a new folder if they want to do new images. Also you still need to grab all the files from the first post in order for this to work. This is only the templates modifications from the guide on how to set it up.

Thanks very much, Kos Smile I will be sure to put a link from the first post to let others know.

(2011-07-01, 07:18 PM)Insidious Wrote: [ -> ]http://envizioned.net

Thanks for the feedback - am glad you got it all working! Big Grin

Could you try doing the edits using a text editor instead? Unfortunately it looks as though there are lot of spaces (or nbspWink in your code, which I think is the cause of the gap. It's usually easier to copy and paste the code into a text editor (like NotePad - rather than WordPad) and then copy that into the template editing part.

To summarise: you would need to remove any excess   that you find - particularly in your header and headerinclude templates.

Wow, thank you so much! I'll be sure to start pasting it in notepad next time rather than just straight copying and pasting it into my editor. Thanks for the help and the awesome add-on to MyBB. Smile
Well the preview on my website has gone away cause I had some trouble. I'm going to develop my theme then implement this into it. It's much easier for me that way. Toungue
@ranjani: Thanks for your input as well. I think that will certainly help align it further to the top of the page too Smile

@Insidious: Wow, that was a super fast response ^^ And you're very welcome. Would it be okay for me to add your site to the list of 'showcase' forums too?

@kos: No worries at all. I am really looking forward to seeing it so whenever it's all ready, please do let me know via the forums or PM!
Will do. I'll probably drop a message by your inbox later today.

p.s. it's koz with a Z Toungue
My bad there, Koz. Now corrected Smile
Thank you, great tutarial.
Hello,

Thanks for the tutorial.

I tried it on a forum running 1.6.3. I then upgraded to 1.6.4 and the menu has the 0's again like in my prior post. I re-uploaded the class_templates.php file again from the first post and it's still messed up. I think that there might have been a change in 1.6.4 where this will not look correctly for some templates.

I installed it on another template (that is like the original) and it works fine.

Do you know what else I can try to get rid of the 0's in the header area?

[Image: menu.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12