MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] VBNavBar for MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Huhu, its very difficult for me, cause i have 4 themes installed
NDesign, Mycolor pro, Go Mobile and a converted vbulletin theme
Hi nadlerz. Going by your previous post, you're currently testing on a local installation I think?

But is the error message happening on all of your themes, or just one theme? And with/without other plugins being activated?

Thanks Smile
The errors are showing in all themes when i replace the function.php, even if it is the edited one provided by you, even after activating and configuring the templates edit
Still i have those errors
I haven't tested yet without plugin, i guess
It should work
Does this still work? I tried it last time and it screwed up my entire forum.

I'm not sure if it's because I did something wrong... Or what...

I'd appreciate an answer cause I want to use this. Smile
@nadlerz: Let me know how it goes Smile

@Insidious: Sorry to hear about what happened, but in answer to your question, it largely depends on the theme as this was tested on the MyBB default theme at the time, so I know it should work fine with that. Perhaps you could try a local install on your computer and see if it works for you this time?
(2011-05-18, 07:05 PM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]@nadlerz: Let me know how it goes Smile

@Insidious: Sorry to hear about what happened, but in answer to your question, it largely depends on the theme as this was tested on the MyBB default theme at the time, so I know it should work fine with that. Perhaps you could try a local install on your computer and see if it works for you this time?

Yeah, I was using the default theme. I'm going to try again and I'll just get a backup.

I just wanted to make sure it still worked.
@Insidious: It should work with the default theme so long as all the edits/uploads are done as per the first post (I appreciate there are quite a number of steps Blush) but if you come across any errors, bug reports are always welcome.
Alright I was trying to get this to work with my site and succeeded. I'm going to develop a theme around this plugin for my new Diablo fansite. To see the navigation bar in action just visit here; http://diablotrilogy.com/
Thanks for the headsup, koz. Smile Am very glad to read that you got it working - will be really interesting and special to see the new theme being built around it. Can I add it to the Live Example site once it's done (or in progress)?

Thanks
Yes you may use my site as an example when it's done.

I also took the liberty of putting all the stuff together for people if they don't want to go through all the steps here;
[attachment=23220]

Please note that this runs off all the default images, so people will have to setup a new folder if they want to do new images. Also you still need to grab all the files from the first post in order for this to work. This is only the templates modifications from the guide on how to set it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12