MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] VBNavBar for MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for!

Great job!!
Flick,

Is it possible to get a bit of assistance? I love this Navbar, but I just noticed it does not include the ezgallery link anymore.

Is it possible to put back in the ezgallery link in navbar? What would be the best way to go about this? I would need some assistance with the code if possible Blush

All in all this is awesome, and when completed you can use my site for demo purposes..

Thanks,

@flick,
Please fix this for Mybb 1.6.3 .

in header_welcomeblock_member there is a change for latest Mybb realsed so you need to fix this : Mark all forum as Read

i make this modefication :

i changed :
<a href="misc.php?action=markread">
to this :
<a href="misc.php?action=markread{$post_code_string}">
but stelle get the error .
[Image: marked.png]
Please fix this pro and addapte it with 1.6.3
(plz see all changed files in Mybb1.6.3)

the link showd like this :
<a href="misc.php?action=markread&my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">
thanks
best regards Haytoch
very nice tutorial love it!! Wink
Please let me know when this is fixed for 1.6.3.

Thanks!
Hi everyone!

Am really sorry about the lack of replies from me on this thread - I think GMail is somehow dumping all the MyBB forum notifications into my Spam folder, so I didn't realise there had been so many messages!

I have just applied the fix kindly provided by haytoch (You rock! Big Grin) in Post #42, so the first post with all the template codes should *fingers crossed* be up to date now. I will now check to see if there is anything else that I need to update for 1.6.3 and will also respond to any private messages.

Thanks for your patience and kind comments. Smile
How about using Google SEO?
the same file to upload? or some edits in functions.php ?
(2011-05-16, 11:12 PM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone!

Am really sorry about the lack of replies from me on this thread - I think GMail is somehow dumping all the MyBB forum notifications into my Spam folder, so I didn't realise there had been so many messages!

I have just applied the fix kindly provided by haytoch (You rock! Big Grin) in Post #42, so the first post with all the template codes should *fingers crossed* be up to date now. I will now check to see if there is anything else that I need to update for 1.6.3 and will also respond to any private messages.

Thanks for your patience and kind comments. Smile

I think it's still messed up somehow. Please see my screenshot below. Also, do I just have to change the header_welcomeblock_member only. I tried all of the code just in case, but I have a few sites that use this. [Image: vb.jpg]

I get the 0's and the other misc. stuff in the header with all of my templates and Mybb 1.6.3. All of the templates look fine in 1.6.2 though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2011-05-17, 12:50 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]How about using Google SEO?
the same file to upload? or some edits in functions.php ?

Hi nadlerz, thanks for your question Smile It has been asked before as Google SEO is a very popular plugin and a separate download was provided. But since then, it looks as though a new 1.6.2-compatible version of Google SEO has been released, so I have attached an edit of the functions.php file at the end of this post for users to download. It will have to be renamed to functions.php and uploaded to the /inc folder.

Alternatively you can just add in the extra lines mentioned here.

Hope this is helpfulBlush

(2011-05-17, 04:48 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's still messed up somehow. Please see my screenshot below. Also, do I just have to change the header_welcomeblock_member only. I tried all of the code just in case, but I have a few sites that use this. [Image: vb.jpg]

I get the 0's and the other misc. stuff in the header with all of my templates and Mybb 1.6.3. All of the templates look fine in 1.6.2 though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi primster7 - as per my reply PM, can you try downloading the class_template.php from the first post of this thread and uploading it to your /inc folder please? Smile
As for other updates: there is no known change to functions.php and class_templates.php from MyBB 1.6.2 to 1.6.3. However, Prototype and Scriptaculous have been updated, so the only change is to headerinclude by updating the ver=1600 lines to ver=1603

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1603"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>
I have mycolor pro theme by XFStyles.net
This is the error:

In the header > Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\xampplite\htdocs\nz\index.php(280) : eval()'d code on line 33

> In the footer, related to forum stats:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting T_STRING in C:\xampplite\htdocs\nz\inc\plugins\changstats.php(559) : eval()'d code on line 4
Hi nadlerz - I have not used the theme before, but could you try the edits using a fresh install of the theme and without any plugins being activated please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12