MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [For 1.4 & 1.6] SCD Hide From Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
SCD Hide From Groups

Formerly known as SCD Code Hide, I've re-released this under a new name with a lot of expanded functionality.

Features
  • Choose which MyCode tags are hidden (Defaults to Code, PHP, URL, Img, Email, and Quote,but any MyCode can be added!)
  • Choose the message displayed in place of hidden things
  • Choose which groups are affected
  • Limit it to specific Forums if you wish

Future Plans (Will be awhile before any of this is implemented)
  • Change Forum & Group Selection into a combined set. (So Each forum listed can have different groups hidden from)
  • Worthwhile User Suggestions?

If you use and like this plugin, please review it on the reviews page accessible from the title link. If you have feature requests please post them in this thread. If you need support, please post in this thread.

Changelog:
Version 2.0
Changed from Code & PHP tags to Admin CP selectable tags
Changed from SCD Code Hide to SCD Hide From Groups
Allowed setting it on a per forum basis
Switched to LGPL v2.1 for License.
Added Quick Reply hide support to the standard reply support.

Version 1.1
Function update to also hide the contents of the tags if a blocked user quotes said post.

Version 1.0
Initial Release

Features:
AdminCP->Configuration->Settings->SCD Code Hide section for entering the list of groups you wish to have blocked from seeing the contents of code and php tags in your forum's posts.
Customizable Message that is displayed to these users.
Changed from affecting Primary [b]and[/b] additional groups to primary only.
That looks nice Smile
This is in my top 5 favorite plugins Big Grin
Great plugin. Was looking for such a plugin for my website. Thanks a lot for making this.

Regards
Praveer
Thank you all 3 Smile

And the forums per group feature may get added sooner rather than later. The owner of SCD is now saying she might want it Big Grin

I plan on writing it as a deactive->replace file->reactive upgrade too. And in a way that both the current method and the advanced method will work. If I do so, it will get a readme file since it doesn't have one at this time. The advanced setting would be too complex without it. But basically this is how it'll work:

If the forums field has pipe "|" characters in it, those will be the delimiters for an array that will match the groups array. With -1 taking the place of blank for "all" forums

So:
Groups:

Forums:
1,9,23,27,28,29|-1

Would block 1,9,23,27,28,29 for group 1, and all forums for group 7.

Yet

Groups

Forums

Would still work as it currently does.

I've been asked to make the tags selectable on a per forum and/or per group basis as well, but that would end up being far too complex without a complete rewrite to have a single setting line that works like this:

gid:fids:tags|gid:fids:tags|etc...

So that
1:7,3,19,82,127:code,php,url|7:-1:code,php,quote,url,email,img

Would be how the setting field was written. While this is workable, I'm of the belief that it adds an unnecessary degree of complexity to the plugin. However, if enough of the 200+ users who've downloaded it upgrade, AND want this feature I'll consider putting it in. Of course there are other ways to do it, but one isn't an option right now because the "checkbox" setting type is currently broken. I'll be reporting that as a bug shortly.
Darn, actually checkboxes is a known issue and has been deferred.

Bug #675

Oh well, as was stated if I need them I can always generate my own with PHP code Wink
That's pretty damn cool. Nice work!
I try, I try Smile
I just realized that my regex wont work for single tags, ones that have no corresponding [/tagname] closing tag. I'll release a bugfix for that soon.
I can't add html codes on the text panel. I want to add a register button.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15