MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [For 1.4 & 1.6] SCD Hide From Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
No, its supposed to hide for any post that follows the rules set in the ACP.
Feature request. Smile Dylan M., thank you. Only one thing, your plugin works when the url tags used in the text, but if just a link posted it ignores it and still links visible to guests. Can you fix it please
Yup, I'll do it after the weekend. My gf's parents are visiting, so I wont be available too much during the weekend. Watch this thread.
Dylon,
Is there any chance this could be amended to allow users based on additional usergroups? ie, my main user group is 'registered user' which is not allowed but my additional usergroup is 'subscriber' which is allowed, it will allow me see the link?

that make sense?

The problem with this is that you're supposed to put your PRIMARY group as your main usergroup. If you want your primary to be Subscriber, but show as registered, you can use the "Display" group option to accomplish this. Also, you may be in 5 different additional groups, how would it know which to use?
yeah but I use the primary one for promotions as users post, etc. Will have a look at what your suggesting in a minute, maybe it will solve the problem.

Couldn it look for what is allowed instead of looking for whats not allowed? Instead of inserting the usergroup numbers that are banned, insert the usergroups that are allowed?
If a user is a subscriber, they shouldn't be in promotions groups Wink
sorry but whats that mean? they are subscribers as an additional usergroup. their main group is the stars based on posts count, registration and reputation.

Just because someone pays a few quid doesnt make them king of the hill. It just gives them access to an additional area on my site.
Basically what I'm saying is that "Subscriber" is a special badge, and most forum members would prefer that over a promotions based group on their posting. If I'm a Subscriber with 200 posts I want the exact same status and display badge as a Subscriber with 20,000 posts. While this is just my opinion, I think you'll find most people share it. Just set subscriber as their main group and forget the posting promotions for those persons. The Subscriber badge is way more cool than any posting group badge. Obviously this doesn't make them KitH, but a Subscriber is and should be a step above a poster who did not subscribe, while being a step below site staff. Again, just an opinion, but I don't know of anyone who doesn't share it aside from yourself Wink
I see what your saying, I have other special badges so all that would happen is we have all sorts of special badges claiming superiority. supporters get access to the site support section but its post count / rep status that grants additional rep ability and other options for my site.

Horses for courses I suppose
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15