MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [For 1.4 & 1.6] SCD Hide From Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Your not listening to me , the idea of this plugin is to hide the code block content from GUESTS.

Guests cannot "Quote" a message as they are not allowed to post/reply. Your quoting the message when ur logged in.

Ive quoted a message on my forum , logged out and tried viewing it as a guest , its still blocked.

What version of this plugin are u using ?

2.0 , 2.1 , 2.2 ?
(2010-09-03, 07:30 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Your not listening to me , the idea of this plugin is to hide the code block content from GUESTS.

Guests cannot "Quote" a message as they are not allowed to post/reply. Your quoting the message when ur logged in.

Ive quoted a message on my forum , logged out and tried viewing it as a guest , its still blocked.

What version of this plugin are u using ?

2.0 , 2.1 , 2.2 ?
Iam using 2.2.....
Lol mate, the idea of this plugin changed when there is an option added to block any usergroup you want. Now its no more a guest only block plugin.

Even if it was for guests only, they dont have quote button i agree, but they could simply run javascript to quote the post.

Well the name of the plugin is "SCD Hide From Guests" , yes it can block all groups if you want , but im assuming ur trying to block guests as you were looking to download this plugin earlier. So im sure your initinal usage for this was to block guests.

(2010-09-03, 07:50 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Well the name of the plugin is "SCD Hide From Guests" , yes it can block all groups if you want , but im assuming ur trying to block guests as you were looking to download this plugin earlier. So im sure your initinal usage for this was to block guests.

not anymore the name is SCD Hide From Groups. Its updated if you dint notice... No to disable links from guest there are lot of other plugins.. But this one has the extended option to disable it from other group (not only links ANY tags). But the exploit is that you can see the content when you quote.

Lol janota there is no point we both having a long convo Toungue
Let Dylan fix this....Smile
Yea sure , but it seems to be working fine from my end , ive tested it aswell , quoted posts etc , worked perfect.

Maybe dylan can sort it Wink
Works for me perfectly, with the guests.

Just i can't put a register button. (but i have a big one on the header. Big Grin )
Its actually hide from groups, not guests. But most people use it for guests. However, it doesn't matter if you're logged in or not. It affects only the primary group too. So it does hide in both quick reply and standard reply for me. However I just noticed that its eating the closing tags now, which shouldn't be possible at all. I'll double check the regex.

@Valaki, the 2.1 & 2.2 version have that ability, in fact there is a register link right next to every hidden item by default now. You have to uninstall and reinstall between 2.0 and 2.1/2.2 to get this new setting.
Cool!
Thanks Dylan.
I'll go back into the code and look for whatever is causing the end tags to be eaten when quoting/editing a post tomorrow. I have a headache today.
I uninstalled the 2.0 v. and installed the new. It works, but why are there 2 text box?
I think, more professional if the register link and the text shown on a same box. code tag for example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15