MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
If you have run the Merge System and the attachments module complete, but your attachment files aren't there please post your log files from mybb/convert/logs/ in a zip file in this thread. It doesn't happen with all boards, or with all server configurations. Your logs will be of great assistance. Please also download the attached info.php and upload it to your server; then include a link to it with your post. Thank you.
What I did was converted the system twice: first from phpbb3 to mybb 1.6 and then from the newly created /mybb/ directory to another mybb (now the regular .com) due to the domain issue (it may very well be my lack of knowledge on how to repoint URLs).
What's strange is that attachments are fine from the /convert/ directory, but not in the main one:
Converted: http://cablefed.com/mybb/showthread.php?...d=98#pid98
Main: http://cablefed.com/showthread.php?tid=2&pid=98#pid98

Also, I've attached 3 screenshots of PNGs showing as corrupt, yet the rebuild works fine.
Attachments are on the server; I ran the recount & rebuild, but they are not visible.
I've zipped my logs and uploaded the info.php to the site.
The link is: http://cablefed.com/info.php.
Logs are attached.
Erm, domains have nothing to do with the merge system. But I'll take a look into this anyways. Not sure why you would need to merge twice. It makes no sense.
(2011-01-02, 08:55 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, domains have nothing to do with the merge system. But I'll take a look into this anyways. Not sure why you would need to merge twice. It makes no sense.

The reason I had to merge twice was for users to be able to go to the top level domain as opposed to .com/mybb/. Before using Mybb, I used phpbb3 on .com and my users are already used to going there. Again, I just don't know how to re-point the .com/mybb/ to .com. Thanks.
That isn't domains. Thats cookies. We could have helped you with that.
For now, let's do the cookies then. At this point, I need my users to go to my TLD and be able to view (be redirected to?) the /mybb/ directory. Later, we'll do the corrupt PNG thing.

Thanks for your help, Dylan.
Just copy your files from the /mybb/ to the tld (all of your files) and to fix the cookie you need to edit the cookie settings in inc/settings.php and then in your AdminCP. That will give you everything you need.
(2010-12-12, 07:11 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]If you have run the Merge System and the attachments module complete, but your attachment files aren't there please post your log files from mybb/convert/logs/ in a zip file in this thread. It doesn't happen with all boards, or with all server configurations. Your logs will be of great assistance. Please also download the attached info.php and upload it to your server; then include a link to it with your post. Thank you.

Can you tell us any free hosts where it works, I'm on a paid right now you see and that doesn't work. I've also given you the logs.

No I can't. I really wish people would remember that all the staff here are volunteers and that sometimes solutions take time. More so when you work and have a family. I am addressing these issues to the best of my ability within the time constraints I currently have. Please be patient.
(2011-01-03, 01:33 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]No I can't. I really wish people would remember that all the staff here are volunteers and that sometimes solutions take time. More so when you work and have a family. I am addressing these issues to the best of my ability within the time constraints I currently have. Please be patient.

I don't think that's fair. All I did was ask for some of these hosts where the merge system works so we could use it with them.

I also answered your request by providing logs. Lets be honest you are talking about new modules on this part of the forum when some of the existing ones don't work too

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11