MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoMobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
No, you probably aren't Toungue

I didn't realize how much stuff was actually affected by removing the JS from the theme, not even the quick delete buttons shows up without it :/
why are you so adamant against not using JS? this is where most of the gains in mobile browser performance have been lately
Because not everyone has a smartdevice, so it'd be full stupid to do the whole Web 2.0 thing with this. Aside from that, there's so few features that require it for regular users that it doesn't make sense to load up the entire framework when it's not being used 99% of the time. Now, if I was developing this for a specific device, JS would be a must, but not really for a cross-platform solution.
OK fair enough, but I think smartphones are pretty much where mobile web is going, I think most people who are going to be using a full-fledged forum on a mobile device are probably using iOS or Android or something of its ilk.

Maybe just load JS for mods/admins, I guess.
It's kind of like IE; nobody really likes it or wants to deal with it, but it's still a factor. Really though, there's no particular need for JavaScript anyways for regular members since it's not referenced anywhere at all (except for moderators). I don't personally see the need for it anyways, it adds extra load and complexity to something that should be simple to start with (heck, some people already would prefer an even lighter interface).

Now, I just need to figure out how to properly sort out the mods; seeing as canmodcp and cancp aren't always accurate since some forums don't give mods MCP access. Hmm.
(2011-03-21, 11:01 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I just need to figure out how to properly sort out the mods; seeing as canmodcp and cancp aren't always accurate since some forums don't give mods MCP access. Hmm.

if(is_moderator)
{
	// do something...
}
i get this error after uninstalling and reinstalling

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'mobile'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_posts ADD mobile int(1) NOT NULL default '0'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

can u help
I'm experiencing login issues with this theme.

Iphone 4

I know I'm inputting the login correctly because I can login from the phone if this is turned off. I can stay logged in if I turn the plugin back on from the ACP on my home computer (testing from home).

Tried this several times with the same results. Anyone else have login issues?
More bugs.

- Users are unable to login from either the login page or sideboxes.
- 'Switch to full version' does not work.

I'll get more info on the first bug.
Hmm, that's rather curious. The cookies for whatever reason work fine on some hosts and browsers (for example everything works fine on mybbgm.com for me) yet don't work on others. Perhaps try clearing cookies then logging in again? It's an issue that's been around for a while though I personally haven't experienced it nor been able to reproduce Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15