MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoMobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
.. but there's little gain. Browsers are practically as full-featured as apps, so really you'd just end up having to maintain several apps over a bunch of different devices.. not worth it.
iWebkit. Anywho, first plugin to go on my forums. This will be free on final release, correct? I believe it says so on the site, but I wish to be sure.
(2011-01-28, 04:50 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ].. but there's little gain. Browsers are practically as full-featured as apps, so really you'd just end up having to maintain several apps over a bunch of different devices.. not worth it.

At least to include a "RSS Button" somewhere in Gomobile theme in the near future?...I mean...I know it would be difficult to built apps but as Aristotles said, the theme is already there. Smile

To me the main innovation for having an app installed in my phone, is to be alerted or updated 24/7. Apps like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, etc... does that.

With RSS at least feeding me, including the latest posts, in my phone, and be able to get to those posts, and reply them?...would be just awesome.

Although, with private messages alerts would be something else.

Cheers.
If you get mail on your phone, you also get them private message alerts...
Guys,

Reporting that I added the "Advance Quick Reply" plugin meant to work only in my defaut PC version. But by browsing via phone today, I see the advance quick reply also there.

I deactivated the plugin and the Gomobile quick reply box is back.

How can I protect or prevent overwritting on the GoMobile Theme if users like me wants to use AQR in our PC theme?.

Thanks.

@frostschutz, silly of me. U are totally right Big Grin
(2011-01-28, 04:51 AM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]iWebkit. Anywho, first plugin to go on my forums. This will be free on final release, correct? I believe it says so on the site, but I wish to be sure.

It will be free, correct.

@Sammyed, as mentioned MyBB already has many of the features you mentioned, such as thread subscriptions. You'll have to configure it, but hey, it works.
Ouh Yeah it works!

(Even with rssticker at index) Cool
Beta 4 has been released, it's utilizing a new storage method (cache) for the strings, as well as stristr instead of preg_match, so things could get weird Angel

More info: http://www.mybbgm.com/thread-176.html
Sweet.

I have been using Beta 0.3 for a couple days now and have added several items to the available features. I have added View Today, added my Tech articles section and also my Garage, based on my MyShowcase System plugin. The templates did not take too long to tweak for GoMobile either.

Sorry that my idea is helping to keep you in beta mode!

Now I need to check your plugin to see how it handles templates since I just changed a bunch to meet my needs.
One potential issue that I am noticing. You moved to using the cache system, but you are directly querying the database to install your cache data.

if you include/use the built-in cache system you can take advantage of the non-db types some users may be using. Use

[php]
global $cache;
$cache->update("gomobile", $stringlist);
[\php]

then it will be placed in the cache (either created or updated)

I am also going to look into tweaking the pagination. My users are wanting more than one page available a time. Perhaps I can make a combo/dropdown box they can user to same screen space. I dunno yet though
Oh, I didn't know that there was a built in cache method. I'll look into it, thanks!
As for the pagination, maybe it would work best if you made the current page clickable rather than adding a new link. Also, iirc I removed JS from GoMobile with the exception of a few inline things, so that's something to consider aswell (Icant really check since I'm on my iPhone o.o).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15