MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoMobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
any one any ideas on the above.
Perhaps this would be of use for detecting user agents: http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ I have used this on my website(not my MyBB forum) and I know it works for the iPhone 4 and android devices. It seems to be a very comprehensive list of mobile user agents. Hopefully it proves useful to you and allows you to expand support to other phones. Both options, GoMobile and the detectmobile code work for me, so no complaints here, and the skin looks great over all. Once I get to test it a bit more tomorrow I am sure I can find some things to suggest improving but great job. I hope this project goes far!
Have you considered using jQuery Mobile?
(2010-12-28, 02:28 PM)Xplorer4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this would be of use for detecting user agents: http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ I have used this on my website(not my MyBB forum) and I know it works for the iPhone 4 and android devices. It seems to be a very comprehensive list of mobile user agents.

It does the exact same thing, just with a much larger list of user agents. I think most of the more popular devices have been covered so far, and I'd like to keep things as uncluttered as possible. I don't know that it covers any more than GoMobile currently does as GM uses a generic regex whereas that one uses a more specific (and inherently larger) list of UAs. Thanks for the link though, I'll pick through it and see if there's anything I missed Smile

(2010-12-28, 03:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you considered using jQuery Mobile?

I'd like to avoid JS as much as possible. There's no reason to implement it (other than fancy effects, but even still it's not necessary) and the extra overhead in loading times and additional bandwidth isn't justified. For WiFi users with newer smartphones it's not as big of a deal but once you start dealing with some of the older phones (which don't support some modern JS) and cellular connections (which have limited bandwidth and speed) you encounter issues. Ideally I'd like to only use certain snippets here and there but loading an entire library like is done now isn't very optimized.
I had looked through the UAs and kind of had a feeling that was the case but hopefully it is useful all the same.

I tried to uninstall(I was fixing to reinstall in a moment) and got this db error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'mobile'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_posts DROP COLUMN mobile
Anyone know if is possible to test the Mobile version on a PC?

EDIT: Sorry I'm so stupid, there is the button "Mobile Version" Confused
I didn't know that MyBB Group was working also on this...
They're not, at least for 1.6. Scoutie44 put in the link.
(2010-12-29, 06:48 PM)Xplorer4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to uninstall(I was fixing to reinstall in a moment) and got this db error:

That's most likely because you uploaded the new files before deactivating. The problem is there have been numerous database changes so if you don't run the uninstall routine for that specific version. You should be able to just carry on, it shouldn't affect anything.

(2010-12-29, 07:13 PM)danysalva Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if is possible to test the Mobile version on a PC?

EDIT: Sorry I'm so stupid, there is the button "Mobile Version" Confused
I didn't know that MyBB Group was working also on this...

(2010-12-29, 07:43 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]They're not, at least for 1.6. Scoutie44 put in the link.

Yes, that link is added by the plugin. You can use a user agent switcher also to test.
(2010-12-29, 11:07 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-29, 06:48 PM)Xplorer4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to uninstall(I was fixing to reinstall in a moment) and got this db error:

That's most likely because you uploaded the new files before deactivating. The problem is there have been numerous database changes so if you don't run the uninstall routine for that specific version. You should be able to just carry on, it shouldn't affect anything.
This was not an upgrade. It was a clean install of beta2. Never had Beta 1 installed.
Hmm. Something else dun goofed then, not sure what though. As I say though it shouldn't be an issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15