MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoMobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
thanks i'll get it updated.
Downloaded the file from github and installed it all on 1.6.5 i get the following error in the header.
Quote: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/lablover/public_html/global.php(503) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1

I don't have on any other themes.
It's because of the htmldoctype template, check MyBBGM.com, I posted an alternate doctype somewhere.
Thanks i remembered i had to do this with beta4 as well and found the link to the post earlier in this thread i shall be bookmarking the page for further refference.
This is a cool plugin and I'm going to check it out.
Can you show me "Thanks" button ?????
or how to thanks someone ????
(2012-02-15, 09:51 AM)Vspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Can you show me "Thanks" button ?????
or how to thanks someone ????

I've replied to your thread already: http://community.mybb.com/thread-113491-...#pid824694
Hello Scoutie,

I´m back...still works great but I need help Huh

The thing is: My goal is to bring my MyBB forum into my Facebook Fan Page with tab and login from fb features included. I already created a FB app and everything is fine concerning Keys, ID´s, etc..., but after some tests, what I would like to figure it out is which is the root or path to embed only the GoMobile 1.0 Beta 4 theme without having me to set it as "Default Theme" in my MyBB ACP because I want to keep my "Full Version" board for my domain.

For space reasons, the board inside the FB Page would look much better with the GoMobile theme rather than Default one. The space given for iframed objects is small, so with the default theme it looks very messy.

I have entered my canvas url, my canvas page, and everything related for the setup and seems to work very well so far but...I need your theme in FB...help! (I even changed CSS colors with the blue fb Confused)

Is there also any kind of special string that has to be added in the configuration or anything else to achieve what I´m trying to do?

Thank you in advance.
I'm slightly confused (also not an avid Facebook user). From what I understand, you're trying to display your forums on Facebook in an iframe?
Yes Scoutie,

Facebook has featured a thing called "Facebook Page", so everyone can create a page inside the social network. For example, the Coca-Cola Company has their own website for sure, but also they have their "Coca-Cola Facebook Page".

As you can see it by clicking the link above, FB page admins can configure which tab would be the first one when a visitor arrives, in this case, the Coca-Cola FB Page administrator decided to use the "Home" tab. There are more tabs that can be created along with the default ones and can be found at the left side by clicking "More".

What appears in the "Home" tab, in the example I´m giving you, is an iframed image, taken or embeded from the Coca-Cola website or especially created to be linked to the CC-FB-page. In order to accomplish this we have to do this:

1.- As soon as you create a FB page, automatically FB gives you some tools to create an application (app) for your FB page including on APP ID number with a Secret Code Key number.

2.- Inside the App configuration page, FB requires an external link website (from where you are intending to iframe, the source), a name for your app (which will be your app url or link to see your iframed content inside FB...normally if you put a name like "gomobileapp", the fb url app would be : appsdotfacebookdotcomslashgomobileappslash, that url is your content iframed into FB as application.

In the Coca Cola case, is the image you saw in the "Home" tab, is something already iframe, by the use of apps.

3.- After created the App, it is necessary to add your app inside your facebook page, with their respective tab to be shown at the left.

In my case, I´m stucked in step #2 because my source is my "Full Version" Forum (my mybb forum root or path), and if you see again in the Coca Cola example, the width and height for the image iframed is limited because you have stuff in both sides, left and right, and the full version looks awfull in there with everything squeezed while with your theme it would be just perfect because it´s flexible. Here is how it looks like being inside FB as an Application via iframed or embeded (url would be the appsdotfacebookdotcomslash...etc) after switching manually from "Full version" to "GoMobile" version. Take a look:

[Image: vt_foneapp1.png]
*Sorry if it´s too big*

After I figure, with your help, what would be the root or path to enter in this FB application configuration page, in order to "pull", embed or iframe just your GoMobile theme. Then, I would be starting with step #3 which is to install the forum inside my FB Page as the Coca Cola Company did in the example given (you can iframe anything), but in my case, my Tab would be called "Bulletin Board".

I think this is important to have firstly because Facebook killed their own discussion board system while ago, so this is a good opportunity for MyBB to step in launching boards inside facebook for people and companies who needs them, and I think your GoMobile theme is the right one. Secondly because, it´s very simple to integrate your regular users who visits your forum in your domain with your facebook users or "fans" how they call it there. Posts can be read and published from both side.

I hope I was able to explain a little bit better on what I´m intending to achieve here. But without your help it would be very difficult.

If it´s not possible right now, please take it in consideration. Even MyBB has a Facebook Fan Page, and this forum could be in their FB page also for their FB "Fans". Now...if it´s possible right now, ohh maaan Big Grin

Cheers.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15