MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Photoshop Bliss IV - Design BETA #3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2011-06-28, 11:37 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working out some kinks in the jQuery, going to add a drop-menu [...]

I was definitely going to buy this theme, until I read that. Sad
(2011-06-30, 10:48 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-28, 11:37 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working out some kinks in the jQuery, going to add a drop-menu [...]

I was definitely going to buy this theme, until I read that. Sad

I still don't really see the problem with the jQuery, it's pretty light-weight. Smile
Is there a demo online of the current development ?
Yes, but I'd rather not share the link at the moment since there could be people who will rip the theme.
ok no prob, but whats the point having the demo then ?
(2011-06-30, 10:55 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't really see the problem with the jQuery, it's pretty light-weight.

Lightweight? Prototype is included, by default, on every page of the forum. You're adding 31kb of minified and Gzipped jQuery on top of that to accomplish your animations, transitions, colour changes or whatever it is.

Minify the Scriptaculous effects and that goes to 23kb. And it probably will accomplish everything you're doing with jQuery. It defeats any weight argument when themes include it with MyBB. There is no difference between them.

Then add the arguments that we keep Prototype and Scriptaculous up to date and that they're designed to work together, no conflicting with anybody else's scripting or 3rd party addons. Both are used by MyBB too, so chances are, they're already cached and present when the user visits.

That's the problem with jQuery.
Thanks for your feedback and opinion, Tomm, I really appreciate it. We're still looking for a way we can minimize the load time and keep it as efficient as possible. For now, the truth is that jQuery is easier for us (as we know it better than using Prototype) and it's pulling off some amazing things that we've just figured out. I really appreciate the feedback, though. Smile
ETA??
There's not much else to do besides squish the bugs, toy with the templates for Showthread and add the rest of the images. ETA is up to Euantor and how long it takes him. Smile
Sounds good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24