MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who ate my posts?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Oops! I thought you said "I would also help...". It's why I replied like that.

But anyway, I can't, because I've never experienced it myself so I don't know how to fill the fields (MyBB version, PHP version, Database, etc).
The question was "Who eats my posts?" and now we have an answer: A MyBB bug eats the posts.

So I think now that the problem is solved, someone should close this thread and save the bug. It's more than half year and I kind of got used to the bug.

I don't think that our muscular astronaut is suffering from lack of knowledge. Maybe he's just too busy to think!
What the hell is going on... Is this some sort of intra forum dev arm-wrestling?
(2012-06-07, 04:21 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]What the hell is going on... Is this some sort of intra forum dev arm-wrestling?

It's an extremely rare issue that's very hard to debug.
(2012-06-07, 02:58 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's an extremely rare issue that's very hard to debug.

All you need to do is to login with my account and check the database queries for a page with described conditions and track it back till you figure what is missed. Usually takes some minutes to some hours for me.

So it might be rare but why do you say it's *very hard* to debug?
Could you please explain the complexity?
It's because it's rare that it's hard to debug. They've looked at the code and nothing should cause what you describe.
(2012-06-07, 03:23 PM)SaeedGh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-07, 02:58 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's an extremely rare issue that's very hard to debug.

All you need to do is to login with my account and check the database queries for a page with described conditions and track it back till you figure what is missed. Usually takes some minutes to some hours for me.

So it might be rare but why do you say it's *very hard* to debug?
Could you please explain the complexity?

If it was easy to debug it would've been fixed by now. There are a lot of factors which could have contributed to this bug. It might not even be an issue with the queries, it might be what MyBB does with the data after it's fetched.

Regardless of that, Chris is a very busy person and he's the only person with database access.
Rebuilding the thread counters may fix this...
(2012-06-07, 03:41 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If it was easy to debug it would've been fixed by now.

Actually *if they worked on it*, it would've been fixed by now.
Just because it's not fixed, it doesn't mean that somebody already worked on it but it was too hard to get fixed.

(2012-06-07, 03:41 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of factors which could have contributed to this bug. It might not even be an issue with the queries, it might be what MyBB does with the data after it's fetched.

hmmm, hadn't thought of that. I thought if we watch the queries, the bug would go away! How silly of me!

(2012-06-07, 03:41 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of that, Chris is a very busy person and he's the only person with database access.

No worries! The world would wait.
Please let him know that no one would ever switch to another software; no matter if they are satisfied with MyBB or not.

FYI, this is not the only very-hard-to-fix bug I've reported. Please take a look: http://community.mybb.com/thread-85467.html
(2012-06-07, 03:56 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Rebuilding the thread counters may fix this...

Whenever I have this issue, this fixes it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9