MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who ate my posts?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thank you frostschutz. You did a really great job.

(2013-01-01, 09:02 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to suggest that. SaeedGh, you could just create a new thread and have your old one closed (along with linking to the new thread in the old thread). The issue will need further investigation but there's no guarantee that it will be fixed anytime soon. The issue won't concern you past that point and it can be dealt with accordingly.

No worries. That thread is getting closed/deleted anyway . :‌)

If I had access to the server, I would copy the database records for that thread and involved users (even though it would be messy) along with MyBB files and all the customizations to a cheap debug server (could be a local one for example) to see if it happens there or not. I would also simulate a huge traffic to see how that may cause a conflict and how it can get fixed.

P.S. Now that nobody who cares have access to the server, someone may want to make a huge database by their own using a script. :‌)
One more thread:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359-page-62.html

Last post shows by Paul H, but the thread isn't showing his reply yet.
(2013-01-02, 05:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]One more thread:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359-page-62.html

Last post shows by Paul H, but the thread isn't showing his reply yet.

I see my reply just fine? O.o It's on page 64 for me however, perhaps due to unapproved posts. Perhaps unapproved posts in threads are the cause of the issue? It could be something to look into.
Maybe. I cannot see it still btw.
I can't see that either unless in threaded mode: http://community.mybb.com/showthread.php...tid=126359
So I believe either Staff or the one who posted (here, Paul) are able to view Paul's post. Might be something to do with staff functions perhaps? Maybe what Paul suggested should be investigated.
Just checked as a guest and yes, the post is not visible at all, which means we are one step ahead Big Grin This may be related to unapproved posts and/or the multipage feature.

EDIT: We should probably close the thread to use it to debug, but no one seems to have access anyways.
Let's see what we have so far...

[Image: avatar_14229.gif?dateline=1355350304] SaeedGh: "What's wrong?"

[Image: 2v8nvc4_th.jpg?dateline=1346633969] Tim B.: "Perhaps your internet connection is hanging?"

[Image: avatar_32041.jpeg?dateline=1302036623] Yaldaram: "I had a similar issue when I coded a "Multipage" thingy for one of my plugin."

[Image: 2v8nvc4_th.jpg?dateline=1346633969] Tim B.: "Hmm, seems strange"

[Image: clear_avatar.gif] Maechlis: "if we switch to the threaded mode, the 'invisible' posts can be seen". "not only the first post is invisible, but the second too. When the third post is made, the two previous also become visible."

[Image: 2v8nvc4_th.jpg?dateline=1346633969] Tim B.: "Are you connected via a home network or at work/school/uni?"

[Image: avatar1.png?dateline=1353648923] Nathan Malcolm: "It's an extremely rare issue that's very hard to debug."

[Image: avatar_2824.gif?dateline=1333303540] StefanT: "Rebuilding the thread counters may fix this"

[Image: avatar_2824.gif?dateline=1333303540] StefanT: "It is probably not even a bug"

[Image: avatar_25096.jpg?dateline=1356228157] Omar G.: "Your attitude to this single so called 'bug' which even you, the most affected user by it will I say, can't help to track down, is ridiculous."

[Image: avatar_23276.jpg?dateline=1357064413] Leefish: "I think a recount of this thread post count will "fix" this particular thread,I don't have the ACP access to do that, but I can ask if it can be done. However, I don't really see how doing that helps us with the real problem - which is how the counts get mismatched."

[Image: avatar_14229.gif?dateline=1355350304] SaeedGh: "I made a video report!" [link]

[Image: avatar_17022.jpg] frostschutz: "inc/functions.php :: update_thread_counters() / update_thread_data() could be merged into one, saving the queries done by update_thread_counters(), and piggy-backing it onto the queries update_thread_data() makes with every call to either of those functions anyway"

[Image: avatar_8582.png?dateline=1324565863] Pirata Nervo: "Didn't read the whole thread. Has anyone experienced this on any forum which is not using Cloudflare?"

[Image: avatar1.png?dateline=1353648923] Nathan Malcolm: "It's definitely not related to CloudFlare"

[Image: avatar_17052.jpeg?dateline=1327173323] Lo.: "Both HF and MyBB have different customizations."

[Image: avatar_8582.png?dateline=1324565863] Pirata Nervo: "There isn't much we can do if we don't have a server to debug the issue"

[Image: avatar_17022.jpg] frostschutz: "The only way I know of to get such a time discontinuity with post ids is using the drafts feature. I'll take a closer look at how drafts handle counters later". "Even assuming there are no bugs in MyBB, all it takes for an overloaded SQL server to decide to NOT run the queries that update the counters after a post was inserted. Then the counters are wrong and stay wrong indefinitely, until someone does a R&R. Which nobody ever does in large-ish forums. You could have the thread closed and simply start a new one and hope the issue won't reoccur"

[Image: avatar1.png?dateline=1353648923] Nathan Malcolm: "The issue will need further investigation but there's no guarantee that it will be fixed anytime soon"

[Image: avatar_37431.jpg?dateline=1356802865] Paul H.: "Perhaps unapproved posts in threads are the cause of the issue? It could be something to look into"

[Image: avatar_14229.gif?dateline=1355350304] SaeedGh: "Let's see what we have so far..." ;‌)
This thread isn't going anywhere useful. We'll look in to possible causes and fixes but until then you have your options which we've already stated. You haven't even opened a bug report on the tracker. That's the place to start.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9